Virgin Media

Anyone having performance issues with Virgin Media this morning? Having a mare today with a really poor connection...

Not today but yesterday was horrific. I've got the M200 fibre broadband and was only getting 22mbs in the office room upstairs. Kept dropping out for about ten minutes at a time.

Did yesterday. Was ridiculous. Kept cutting out and really slow speeds of 1.07 mbs.

I can't stand how places (Virgin) advertise broadband speeds and sell packages of certain speeds but then give you a wireless modem where that speed is never the advertised one. I know it depends on a lot of factors but they should state the wi-fi won't be as fast as advertised.

Did yesterday. Was ridiculous. Kept cutting out and really slow speeds of 1.07 mbs.

I can't stand how places (Virgin) advertise broadband speeds and sell packages of certain speeds but then give you a wireless modem where that speed is never the advertised one. I know it depends on a lot of factors but they should state the wi-fi won't be as fast as advertised.
Basically you only get the top speed if you connect your computer via an Ethernet cable to the router. Mine is supposed to be 100mb but via my wireless devices I'm probably looking at around 30mb, it's bullshit.

Had a little bit of a wobble about 20 minutes ago and couldn't even load the cricket up. Seems to be back to normal now. Fingers crossed.

Back