Virgin media security breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

so how do you know if you have to change anything at home ? Not really clued up :lol:
Not sure, I think I have the Superhub in question but I haven't had an email yet :confused:. The passkey is on the back of it and provided by Virgin, how the fuck am I supposed to change that then ? :neutral:.

Not sure, I think I have the Superhub in question but I haven't had an email yet :confused:. The passkey is on the back of it and provided by Virgin, how the fuck am I supposed to change that then ? :neutral:.
Type the IP address of the router into a browser it will be 192.168.1.1 or summit, on back of router, username admin and password, again all on back of router.

Have a look through the options. It will be under device management or security.

Are we meant to get an email if affected ?
I'm not messing about with it cos bound to fuck it up

Are we meant to get an email if affected ?
I'm not messing about with it cos bound to fuck it up
I haven't had an email yet either, my brother reckons we can go to my virgin media and change it ourselves :lol:, I'm scared in case I make a f***ing boo boo like you !

You can't break anything - just browse to the hub ip, login & change the password - and take a backup while you're there as the routine is piss easy to save to your pc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back