Virgin Broadband

My broadband is great but as mentioned their customer service is awful when you get on the phone.

4 phone calls last time I had something wrong and in all that time not one of them, British centre as well could log the complaint I asked for.

Good Internet but dog shit router. I bought a different router and it works great throughout house now
What router did you buy, how much?

I've still got the original Super Hub i think, i'm sure there's something wrong with it but they say it's fine and wont swap it. There must be a reason why they are on version 3 now

Pros: customer service seems much better than it used to be.
Cons: prices seem to go up pretty often .
Can't always connect with the internet in back room which means bringing laptop up to the room with the router in - annoying.

Cant fault them. Took 350mb broadband out with them last year for £35 per month. The deal I was on came to an end so I rang them up and straight away it was knocked back down to £42 which was the deal for new customers at the time. No bargaining or threatening to leave and took about 5 mins on the phone.

I've still got the original Super Hub i think, i'm sure there's something wrong with it but they say it's fine and wont swap it. There must be a reason why they are on version 3 now

Just stepping in here. I bought the Google Wifi router to replace the Superhub for £69 a few weeks back (not sure if it’s still on offer).

It’s been absolutely faultless so far.

Wondering if this is something we need to do. 300mb and works superb but the connection keeps breaking on the kids TV upstairs. Have to reconnect every time I turn it on. Do they just send a new one out if you ask or do you have to buy one?

I bought a new one. They suggested homeplugs but they didn't make it any better.
I got this

ASUS RT-AC68U AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Wireless Router, AI MESH, Access Point Mode, Twin USB 3.0 for Media Server, 3G/4G Dongle Support, 802.11AC ASUS RT-AC68U AC1900 AiMesh Dual-Band Gigabit Wireless Router, AI Mesh, Access Point Mode, Twin USB 3.0 for Media Server, 3G/4G Dongle Support, 802.11AC: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Have you got the Oomph speed, mines less than my 150MBS, I had previously with the new router they gave me.

I gave up on their suggestions and bought router

Got the router quoted here.

Last edited:
On the M100 and usually get over 100meg, had vurgin since before it was virgin and only ever had one proper issue, and got Refunded 3 months fees.

Paying £35 a month for phone, tv and 100meg bb, think thats

Wondering if this is something we need to do. 300mb and works superb but the connection keeps breaking on the kids TV upstairs. Have to reconnect every time I turn it on. Do they just send a new one out if you ask or do you have to buy one?

You'll still use the VM Hub as a Passthrough Modem if you buy your own wireless router.

What version of the Hub have you currently got? What's the location of the hub in your house. Is it obstructed by TV stands etc etc.

I've had issues when I went to sort out someone's wifi because they weren't getting a good signal. The router was on the floor in the corner behind their sofa ffs.

As soon as I'd repositioned it everything worked.

The router has been updated to handle faster speeds in the main. They all do it, not specific to VM.

Last edited:
The logins for skys ports through Virgin Media are now not working for me - and impossible to sort out
Next time I'm at may fathers I'm cancelling his contract & demanding compensation

The logins for skys ports through Virgin Media are now not working for me - and impossible to sort out
Next time I'm at may fathers I'm cancelling his contract & demanding compensation

If you're on about email ports your settings won't be correct. I know plenty of people with Sky email addresses that use VM as Broadband provider.

Look on here.

i mentioned poor coverage the last time i did "the dance" around leaving to get discount, and they told me my super hub was something like 3 versions out of date and that if i stayed with them i could have the new one FOC - and to be fair, the latest super hub is spot on through out my modest gaff.

If you're on about email ports your settings won't be correct. I know plenty of people with Sky email addresses that use VM as Broadband provider.

Look on here.

No its nowt to do with email - its access to the Sky sports viewing app logging on via Virgin media thats bust
It worked for 12 months then their reconfigurations changed - now it will not recognise user name / passwords

Back