Virgin Broadband

Can anyone recommend it?
Do they block Iptv suppliers.?
Do you have to factor into cost any additional VPN charges?
Any views please?

Yes
No
Depends

I've been with virgin for donkeys, as long as you're prepared to do the leave\not leave dance every 12 months they're fine. reliable but expensive.

as for vpn charges, depends what you're doing.

Yes
No
Depends

I've been with virgin for donkeys, as long as you're prepared to do the leave\not leave dance every 12 months they're fine. reliable but expensive.

as for vpn charges, depends what you're doing.
Perhaps watching what might be said to be iffy sports streams

Can anyone recommend it?
Any views please?

Fastest and most stable around.

They block only what other ISP's block when they receive court orders.

Depends if you're an absolute dodge pot and want to look at things that you shouldn't be.

Just swapped from BT to Virgin Media a month back and I've gone from average wireless speeds of around 50Mbps to 380Mbps for slightly less outlay. I've got to say that the speed drop-off is very pronounced but even in the furthest away part of the house I'm getting over 100Mbps.

Had mine installed on Wednesday last week and my IPTV works fine. Been no glitches at all since it was installed.
Also I signed up through quidco as they are offering 100 quid cash back

They're fine until something goers wrong then they're a complete disaster. Their 'Customer Service' is based in India and the call centre staff can speak English but don't actually understand the meaning of the words they use or hear. You're usually on the phone with them for about an hour, by which time they've exhausted their scripts and done absolutely nothing to help you. Be careful id they try to fob you off by ringing another number, it's usually a high premium number. Explain you shouldn't have to ring another number and eventually they'll transfer you to a 'supervisor', who's based in a call centre around Boro'. Finally, you get someone who understands the problem, apologises profusely for all the hassle you've been through and starts putting the World to right!

They were shite until I tried to leave. Called me back the next day and offered me twice as fast internet and every hd TV channel for £20pm less than I was originally paying.

I'll be doing the same again in a few months.

Can anyone recommend it?
Any views please?

absolute scum of the earth they are. Avoid like the plague

I’m currently embroiled in a complaint because I told them I was moving out of my home when I split with the Mrs and back in with my mam and dad and needed to end the contract as she was going to get Sky in. Instead they renewed it, then tried to charge me £240 in cancellation fees. When I challenged this they said it was because I was taking it with me despite me already telling them my mam and dad are virgin customers already. I’ve been promised phone calls letters allsorts, then after three month a manager called and offered me £20 as a goodwill gesture. I’ve now been passed to a debt collection agency even though my complaint is outstanding and been referred to CISAS

Yes would definitely recommend virginmedia, it's been almost faultless for me and it gets absolutely hammered. I probably Download around 1TB per month. Its not perfect though, the superhub router (the one I have anyway) is a bit crap, poor coverage and also virginmedia is notorious for relatively poor upload speeds and more importantly latency, so it's not always the best gaming or live streaming, especially both at the same time.

Good Internet but dog shit router. I bought a different router and it works great throughout house now

Wondering if this is something we need to do. 300mb and works superb but the connection keeps breaking on the kids TV upstairs. Have to reconnect every time I turn it on. Do they just send a new one out if you ask or do you have to buy one?

Back