Violent Foreign Coppers

Seeing the way now after these pitch invasions etc it is obvious the coppers over here have no control if a group of people gather and decide to do as they wish. Parents were photographing their kids sat on the goalposts at the etihad last week ffs.

I think it’s obvious we now police by picking folk out on cctv, arrest and charge post crime.

Example is now police tend to not pursue stolen cars or bikes to stop high speed chases given it puts the public at risk. Saves a lot of money I’d imagine.

Is this the best way of do you prefer a police state where the coppers Wade in cracking skulls with helmets on and batons like in the likes of Serbia where if you get Lippy to the coppers at The match youre tear gassed and pummelled within an inch of your life and then fined for criminal damage for the teeth marks left in the truncheons.
That's because our police are sensible and not clueless. There's barely been any trouble from the pitch invasions. The last thing you want is the police to go heavy handed and start a full of brawl on the pitch against the supporters when there's kids about.

Not to mention you don't have a clue if someone is carrying a knife etc which results in a potential stabbing.

It's the total wrong way to police, see the absolute mess in the USA with the BLM riots which was partly a result of heavy handed policing.

That's because our police are sensible and not clueless. There's barely been any trouble from the pitch invasions. The last thing you want is the police to go heavy handed and start a full of brawl on the pitch against the supporters when there's kids about.

Not to mention you don't have a clue if someone is carrying a knife etc which results in a potential stabbing.

It's the total wrong way to police, see the absolute mess in the USA with the BLM riots which was partly a result of heavy handed policing.
Barely any trouble? Two players were assaulted, a manager hit someone and the goalpost was smashed at Manchester City. If the games had been policed correctly none of these incidents would have happened. on the continent the police would have been cracking skulls and rightly so. Violence is needed at times like that

Barely any trouble? Two players were assaulted, a manager hit someone and the goalpost was smashed at Manchester City. If the games had been policed correctly none of these incidents would have happened. on the continent the police would have been cracking skulls and rightly so. Violence is needed at times like that

That's absolutely nothing. So you thinking having 20 injured police and 50 injured fans is worth it for some goal posts.

The people who attacked the manager and players have rightly been jailed.

How do you judge when you need to go full force those flares at Trafalger Square looked well dangerous and there's too many people drinking. Should the police gone in heavy handed there aswell... as it's just the same pretty much.

I really don’t get it. Are people just incapable of behaving themselves at a game. I just don’t see the attraction of acting like a n0b at a venue where grown men are kicking a ball in front of families.

Seeing the way now after these pitch invasions etc it is obvious the coppers over here have no control if a group of people gather and decide to do as they wish. Parents were photographing their kids sat on the goalposts at the etihad last week ffs.

I think it’s obvious we now police by picking folk out on cctv, arrest and charge post crime.

Example is now police tend to not pursue stolen cars or bikes to stop high speed chases given it puts the public at risk. Saves a lot of money I’d imagine.

Is this the best way of do you prefer a police state where the coppers Wade in cracking skulls with helmets on and batons like in the likes of Serbia where if you get Lippy to the coppers at The match youre tear gassed and pummelled within an inch of your life and then fined for criminal damage for the teeth marks left in the truncheons.
Back for another boisterous stint Merrow?

That's absolutely nothing. So you thinking having 20 injured police and 50 injured fans is worth it for some goal posts.

The people who attacked the manager and players have rightly been jailed.

How do you judge when you need to go full force those flares at Trafalger Square looked well dangerous and there's too many people drinking. Should the police gone in heavy handed there aswell... as it's just the same pretty much.
Not at all. Trafalgar was very well behaved. As far as I saw there was no need for any involvement at all.

It isn’t nothing. Sharpe was hospitalised. I think it could be a good idea that now and again the police crack some skulls just to stop folk getting lippy. Some hippies and students seem to be getting lippy these days. I think I’d quite like to see them get a pasting.
I really don’t get it. Are people just incapable of behaving themselves at a game. I just don’t see the attraction of acting like a n0b at a venue where grown men are kicking a ball in front of families.
Exactly mate. All about getting on the telly, selfie’s for insta. Creating ‘scenes and limbs’

Last edited:
Whilst I understand the thread is a wind up there’s nothing wrong with having police units that don’t turn and run when it gets a bit rowdy. Little Darren from West View isn’t setting his mouth away to the CSCD. Not twice anyway.

I still cant believe the lawless carnage of the euros final.
Imo that was a day where true scumbags should have been harshly policed. Instead they were allowed to run amock then we’re punished with a dry wembley area a year on.

Imo that was a day where true scumbags should have been harshly policed. Instead they were allowed to run amock then we’re punished with a dry wembley area a year on.
It was weird. Watching on tv, you had no idea what was actually happening. I remember the commentators bleating on about the great atmosphere as the crowd were singing the abomination that is Sweet Caroline.

Oh no! Not the goal posts!

Yeah that was in my mind when creating the thread. Where on a yellow card for that and the FA are wired about the upcoming Germany game and any trouble for that. We could end up having a game behind closed doors if there’s bother. I think it’s as much poor planning for events as well as poor policing. Overall I think cuts have to take most of the blame
Oh no! Not the goal posts!
It was more the fact there were young children doing it while their fathers took photos. There was a kid about 4. It was seeing that and wondering what goes through someone’s mind to think that is ok to do, safe for the kid and what example is it setting?

Last edited:
It was more the fact there were young children doing it while their fathers took photos. There was a kid about 4. It was seeing that and wondering what goes through someone’s mind to think that is ok to do, safe for the kid and what example is it setting?

4 year old were "smashing" the goalposts? Blimey, have they swapped them for paper ones like they did with straws?

Back