Violent Foreign Coppers

That’s what I’m asking. Is that better or worse than us? I’ve been walloped with a truncheon before and yes it hurt but only for ten minutes or so. it sorted the job out. I was collateral damage but probably worth it to disperse the crowd

If they were permitted to be more loose with violence, plenty of innocents would end up getting smashed to bits no doubt.

Can't remember the year, but Mags away waiting for the metro through one year. Poorly handled logistically. Eventually the line of people ends up pushing forward in frustration and those of us who were at/near the coppers at the front started getting a load of stick as if we were the ones initiating the push. I'd rather not have weapon happy coppers around football fans, as no doubt those of us who weren't at fault would've been the ones who caught the beating.

Same here mate. They thought old Bill would do nowt as they’re a bunch of softies. They gambled and got their skulls cracked. If you play with feathers expect to get your arse tickled. I thought it went too far but if they knew that was the deterrent they wouldn’t have been there in the first place.

Wasn't the vigil held due to a copper kidnapping and brutally murdering an innocent lass?

Last edited by a moderator:
If they were permitted to be more loose with violence, plenty of innocents would end up getting smashed to bits no doubt.

Can't remember the year, but Mags away waiting for the metro through one year. Poorly handled logistically. Eventually the line of people ends up pushing forward in frustration and those of us who were at/near the coppers at the front started getting a load of stick as if we were the ones initiating the push. I'd rather not have weapon happy coppers around football fans, as no doubt those of us who weren't at fault would've been the ones who caught the beating.

Wasn't the vigil held due to a copper kidnapping and brutally murdering an innocent lass?
Just starting discussion mate. I’m unsure what to think. I’ve been On the fat end of a night stick in my innocence and it didn’t do me any harm But it made me shift quicker. I’ve often wondered if we would be better off under a dictatorship and the odd bit of police brutality To blow the cobwebs away now and again.

Possibly worth a trial run at the next climate change protest.

Ultimately you’re innocent until proven guilty of a crime. Unless you’re being a ****, in which case exceptions should be made

Under a dictators rule its never the "odd" bit of police brutality, the police are always brutal.
Depends on what type of dictator it is. We could do it differently and have an elected dictator. Just saying it’s worth the discussion as seen the past few weeks people are taking the piss.

Depends on what type of dictator it is.
I lived somewhere the leader was elected democratically then went rogue, actively encouraged the cops to kill people,some of them began going rogue themselves and murdering on a whim protected by their badge, is there a country where the people are safe living under dictatorship?

I lived somewhere the leader was elected democratically then went rogue, actively encouraged the cops to kill people,some of them began going rogue themselves and murdering on a whim protected by their badge, is there a country where the people are safe living under dictatorship?
Tibet, Azerbaijan and Oman perhaps?

I would rather chat with the families of people who have been disappeared under the regime in such places than read on a sunderland message board that the places are safe to live in, no offence.
Oh no I was asking not telling. I’ve no idea but they seem alright on the face of it.

They should have just said there wasn’t a vigil. Then they should have said all guidance was followed. Then they should have said they’ll wait to see what the report said. Then they should have said they didn’t realise they were breaking the rules. Then they should have said they were sorry and that they’d move on.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Back