Vinyl in Charity Shops

That's the beauty though. You don't expect treasure at every turn but when you do find it ;)

Is Dave Brown still at the market ?

Saw Dave in the summer at a 50's weekender thing up at Beamish..Still does the Chester one like when I spoke to him..And still keen to tell you in whichever unlikely situation he'd last struck some kind of vinyl related financial windfall..Knows his stuff like,nice fella' as well.

The Mrs runs a charity shop and it's a rare day indeed now that anything of any interest comes in there in terms of records..

Where abouts in Shields mate and what’s it called ? Sounds decent.
Straight opposite from the front of the town hall. Its relatively new so it's not a big collection he has, but of a mishmash. Goldie's is the coffee shop and the cask lounge is the bar.

Straight opposite from the front of the town hall. Its relatively new so it's not a big collection he has, but of a mishmash. Goldie's is the coffee shop and the cask lounge is the bar.

Nice one. I drive past cask lounge twice a day but never been in. I’ll pop in definitely now as sounds great.
Cheers.

Edit. I never noticed you actually said in your original post :oops::oops:

Looks spot on, never knew about Goldies.

Friends unite to open business ventures in South Shields

Last edited:
Nice one. I drive past cask lounge twice a day but never been in. I’ll pop in definitely now as sounds great.
Cheers.

Edit. I never noticed you actually said in your original post :oops::oops:

Looks spot on, never knew about Goldies.

Friends unite to open business ventures in South Shields

that’s the end of that then

Found a first edition copy of the Beatles Revolver in Hot Rats last week. I thought the owner was asking too much for it for £2.99, but he said if I came round to the shop this week dressed like Elvis Presley with my arse cut out he'd give it to me for free.
Sounds like a bit of JAILHOUSE ROCK going to happen. Enjoy! (or not)

The shop down in Wingate is worth a visit. Masses of choice and some good bargains.

45RPM. Yeah I got quite a few albums last time I was down there. Sound it Out in Stockton has a huge selection. I was never out of there pre-lockdown. There's another one in Stockton over the road in a building that has several businesses in it. Got some decent ones there too.

Vinyl values have plummeted since the hedge funds & Reddit got involved.

There was a short resurgence in chazzas, after the 1st lockdown house clearouts, I got 3 batches inc. Atomic Rooster, Jeff Beck, Faith No More & a full set of Bonzo Dog... LPs.

All the smart money is on MiniDiscs now.

Back