Vilnius....

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6830

Me and a pal are doing the above after a cracking few days in Riga last year.

If anyone has been, any top tips on what to do and see, and where to go ie bars and r-rants ?

Also, is it possible to visit Minsk in Belarus for the day just using our passports ?

Cheers in advance.

Ps before anyone says Tallinn is best, I cant be arsed to trail to Edinburgh which is the nearest airport that flies there as far as I am aware !

Good bar in Vilnius is RePUBlic and there's a couple more on the same street.

rePUBlic | Real English Pub

(Edit - it says it's an English pub but it's really not).

Just having a walk around the city centre is quite nice, depending on the time of year you're going.
Walking to the top of the castle is cool too.

It starts to get snowy and icy around the end of November. It was -25 when I was there but I could still stand outside in a t-shirt because it felt warm. Dry air vs wet air we have here.

Last edited:
Good bar in Vilnius is RePUBlic and there's a couple more on the same street.

rePUBlic | Real English Pub

(Edit - it says it's an English pub but it's really not).

Just having a walk around the city centre is quite nice, depending on the time of year you're going.
Walking to the top of the castle is cool too.

It starts to get snowy and icy around the end of November. It was -25 when I was there but I could still stand outside in a t-shirt because it felt warm. Dry air vs wet air we have here.
All the way to eastern Europe and you direct him to a ‘real English pub.’ Nowt like taking in the local culture is there?

I'll knock up a list of things to do later today.

Easily one of the best places I've been to, beautiful city, clean, plenty to do, great bars and friendly locals. Couldn't recommended it much higher.

If anyone has been, any top tips on what to do and see, and where to go ie bars and r-rants ?

Also, is it possible to visit Minsk in Belarus for the day just using our passports ?

Cheers in advance.

Ps before anyone says Tallinn is best, I cant be arsed to trail to Edinburgh which is the nearest airport that flies there as far as I am aware !
Aye you can enter Belarus for up to 30 days without a visa.

Tallinn is great though.

Cheers in advance.

When are you going? Me and the mrs are going oct 13th from Donny, £30 return, can't go wrong

I know a lass from there. She said it’s a total dump and that once her mam passes away she’ll never go back.
Well James disagrees and he will do for me ta

When are you going? Me and the mrs are going oct 13th from Donny, £30 return, can't go wrong
Think we met you coming back from Wroclaw didn't we ??
Probs going early Dec as squeezing visit to Hamburg in in November.

Aye you can enter Belarus for up to 30 days without a visa.

Tallinn is great though.

Is a visa not easy to get when in Vilnius ?
Would have thought Minsk would be desperate to get visitors esp as it's supposed to be a bit rank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well James disagrees and he will do for me ta

Think we met you coming back from Wroclaw didn't we ??
Probs going early Dec as squeezing visit to Hamburg in in November.

Is a visa not easy to get when in Vilnius ?
Would have thought Minsk would be desperate to get visitors esp as it's supposed to be a bit rank.
Aye we did mate! I'll let you know how we find it when we get back.

Cheers in advance.

Loads of places in the UK fly to Tallinn.... You can fly from Newcastle to Tallinn.

Back