Village Unchanged Since 1918?

Someone at work today was talking about there being a village somewhere in the UK that hasn't changed since the First World War. They couldn't remember what it's called or even whereabouts it is.

Anyone heard of this place? The only things I could think of where Beamish and the living museum in Dudley, but they're not really villages

Someone at work today was talking about there being a village somewhere in the UK that hasn't changed since the First World War. They couldn't remember what it's called or even whereabouts it is.

Anyone heard of this place? The only things I could think of where Beamish and the living museum in Dudley, but they're not really villages that’s ended up getting taken over by the military and everyone got turfed out?

possibly somewhere which got taken over by the military during the war? I remember reading about a place like that

Edit: it was WW2

Imber - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Anyone heard of this place? The only things I could think of where Beamish and the living museum in Dudley, but they're not really villages
It's a place the army took over to prep for the war. Kicked all the people out and used it to train as it was similar to a French town. Can't remember the name but the army still have it.

Back