Viliami 'Billy' Vunipola

As part of their contracts with Aus RFU and Saracens they'll have signed up to agree not to do or say anything that could damage the reputation of their sport or hack off sponsors. Unfortunately both of them appear to have forgotten that. Silly billies

Fundamentally disagree with both these lads.
However I now know how rhey think and will adjust my attitude to them accordingly.
One of the benefits of free speech is that it allows us to make judgments on people because of what they say, not what we think they think.
Yay to free speech.

This brings a nice round circle to ask the question is it OK to not accept homosexuality.

I'll get buried for this of course.
No in my opinion it is not ok but that is just my opinion.
If you don't accept homosexuality then I want to know and I want to know why.
Free speech gives us that option to argue a point and hopefully get people to come round to your way of thinking.
Close down free speech and all you get is festering hatred from the racist, homophobe, anti semite and islamaphobe brigade who feel they can't express their views (However vile they are) and frustration from their opponents who can't argue against their opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fundamentally disagree with both these lads.
However I now know how rhey think and will adjust my attitude to them accordingly.
One of the benefits of free speech is that it allows us to make judgments on people because of what they say, not what we think they think.
Yay to free speech.

No in my opinion it is not ok but that is just my opinion.
If you don't accept homosexuality then I want to know and I want to know why.
Free speech gives us that option to argue a point and hopefully get people to come round to your way of thinking.
Close down free speech and all you get is festering hatred from the racist, homophobe, anti semite and islamaphobe brigade who feel they can't express their views (However vile they are) and frustration from their opponents who can't argue against their opinions.
If the lad chooses to follow a scripture that's his choice. He can be criticised for it but you can't stop him believing it. So it's OK for him to have that opinion. Absolutely.

It’s ok to be offended by them opinions as Ricky Gervaise ( sp) and others have Said. I think it’s a strange opinion to voice even in private. I wonder how he would feel if they make comments about people and him who are the same colour?

I'm sure it's easy for some small minded folk to fall into that trap

Nothing been said about him yet. Rugby player and religious twat.

How far does free speech go? He isn't inciting violence...directly. Should he lose his job if he can't tone it down? If he does will another team take him on?

No such thing as free speech for exactly this reason

Back