Vikings (TV series)

This needs to continue as it has in the previous seasons for another 4-5, it's been great so far and I just hope it gets better.

Love a good series me like.

Couldn't sleep so had a wee browse to see if there is any news on this. Found a piece where Michael Hirsts says the series won't end till they discover America. So there should be material for a few more series yet.

Series three is expected to begin around the same time as the first two series began. Series one began March 3, series two February 27. Both in week nine. So if it is the same with series three it could begin February 26. Just ten and a half weeks from now.

And apparently one of the main characters will die in the middle of series three. I hope it isn't Athelstan, wouldn't like that much.

Couldn't sleep so had a wee browse to see if there is any news on this. Found a piece where Michael Hirsts says the series won't end till they discover America. So there should be material for a few more series yet.

Series three is expected to begin around the same time as the first two series began. Series one began March 3, series two February 27. Both in week nine. So if it is the same with series three it could begin February 26. Just ten and a half weeks from now.

And apparently one of the main characters will die in the middle of series three. I hope it isn't Athelstan, wouldn't like that much.
cracking news this, loved the first 2 series was absolutely hooked to them.
Not sure who i would want to die like, dont really have a problem with any of them

cracking news this, loved the first 2 series was absolutely hooked to them.
Not sure who i would want to die like, dont really have a problem with any of them

It is a great series, few holes in the historic storylines but it needs to fit the drama profile, I guess.

It won't be Ragnar nor Bjørn who dies as Ragnar's death is legendary and Bjørn is one of his sons who take over after him and writing those two out in the middle of the new series would be absurd. I have a sneaky feeling it will be Athelstan but that would be a big miss for the series I think. His character is one of the better ones. I wouldn't miss Rollo much, though. Nor Ragnar's second wifey.

They are heading to plunder Paris next. With one hundred longboats. Should be good. They finished filming the new series in November.

Cheers for the update Alex. Looking foward to it.

Series 2 still hasn't been shown on the history channel yet has it? When season one finished it said a new season would be on in the new year

It is a great series, few holes in the historic storylines but it needs to fit the drama profile, I guess.

It won't be Ragnar nor Bjørn who dies as Ragnar's death is legendary and Bjørn is one of his sons who take over after him and writing those two out in the middle of the new series would be absurd. I have a sneaky feeling it will be Athelstan but that would be a big miss for the series I think. His character is one of the better ones. I wouldn't miss Rollo much, though. Nor Ragnar's second wifey.

They are heading to plunder Paris next. With one hundred longboats. Should be good. They finished filming the new series in November.
Thought they would have used Seine boats.

Probably SEB, but what the heck. I used to be a member of the Norse Saga discussion group on Facebook. The week that programme debuted in the USA, the place filled up with so-called Asartru bellends posting "hail Odin" and the like. Somebody reassure me it isn't a load of anachronistic tosh.

It's a good program, something a bit different.

Katheryn Winnick is amazing. Perfection if there ever was.

Let me guess, a woman who wears armour and fights?

Probably SEB, but what the heck. I used to be a member of the Norse Saga discussion group on Facebook. The week that programme debuted in the USA, the place filled up with so-called Asartru bellends posting "hail Odin" and the like. Somebody reassure me it isn't a load of anachronistic tosh.

Let me guess, a woman who wears armour and fights?

Youll have to watch it to find out ;)

Canny series, looking forward to this.

Youll have to watch it to find out ;)

Canny series, looking forward to this.

As someone with a genuine, historical interest in the Viking era, I want to avoid putting my foot through the TV.

Banned list:
  • Warrior women
  • The word "whatever"
  • Victim blaming (wrt Church, Anglo-Saxons)
  • Airbrushing out slavery and human sacrifice
  • Liberties with the settlement of North America

Back