Vikings (TV series)

The old thread on the series is locked, sorry.

The threesome slave scene came on not long after the wicked Earl tricked one of his men into having a sneaky go at his wife to find out if he could be trusted. At first I thought Ragnar was doing something similar but his character seems not to be like that as such so I'm not sure. I like to think he suggested the threeway with the NE slave just to spice things up the normal way without anyone being tricked.

The same with Ragnar asking him to look after the kids when he heads back to sea for more NE raids. He knows the slave, being a Christian munk, wouldn't hurt a fly and even if he did he would have nowhere to run where he is now. There has been a bond of a sort between the two characters right from the beginning and that bond will grow the more you get into the series. Ragnar's curiosity and eager to learn more about England and the NE in particular is one of the aspects of the series I like the most. He comes across as a modern Viking, if such one ever existed.

Ragnar Lothbrok's character in the series isn't really based on a real person as such. It is based on the legends and myths of him and it is commonly accepted that not all the tales of him can be credited to him alone. The King in the series is Danish but Ragnar and his fellow warriers travel a bit to meet up with him so am not too sure he is Danish himself though I like to think of him as if he was. But back then Norway, Sweden and Denmark weren't that far from each other and the King was Ragnar's King as well so you could say he was Danish, I guess. But watching the series with the deep fjords and the lovely mountains suggest he came from what would be Norway today. The series is partly filmed in Ireland, though.

If you fancy a break away one day and would like to experience the life of the Vikings we have a Viking village near Ribe (about forty minutes from where I live) that I would recommend giving a go.

http://www.ribevikingecenter.dk/en/home.aspx

Anyway, enough of that, back to the series. How far into it are you now ? Series one will be coming to a close at your end soon ? Anyone else watching it ?

Am knackered typing all that so will leave you to it now.
Whens the new series out?

I'm sure I read some time in March mate, could be wrong like. Not soon enough for me.

This. March seems such a long time away but hopefully worth the wait. Looks like Ragnar's brother is fit to battle again, too if the trailer is anything to go by.

Did Travis have a slight Aussie accent in the first clip or did I imagine that ?

That was the first series mate

Ah, then am sure series two will be shown before March so they can show the new one straight away.

Just had a look. History Channel in the UK are almost done with showing series one again. Episode nine will be on at 10pm on Sunday. I reckon series two could follow soon after that.

Or you can watch both series here: http://streamtvlinks.me/?s=vikings&op.x=42&op.y=8

Last edited:
This. March seems such a long time away but hopefully worth the wait. Looks like Ragnar's brother is fit to battle again, too if the trailer is anything to go by.

Did Travis have a slight Aussie accent in the first clip or did I imagine that ?
Thought he was Australian Alex?

Ah yes, just Googled it, you're right.

Had a thought in bed last night, if series three begins in March, that's four months from now but also only sixteen weeks. Doesn't sound as long. :)
But, not everyones taste admittedly, the new Sherlocks are out in January to fill the gap

Back