Vietnam War prog on BBC4 the neet

What a well put together series, exactly what we've come to expect from Ken Burns.

Civil wars. When it's brother against brother the brutality just seems to escalate.

If anyone wants a perfect holiday read try Nam by Mark Baker. Just a collection of war recollections randomly thrown together charting a few lives from being drafted to getting back home again. Open at any page and start reading.

Just watching it on iPlayer before it expires.

The story of Mowgi (sp?) the poor kid who, after being posted to warehouse duty, did his best to screw up so he'd be sent to the front, reminded me of an American bloke I knew in my youth.

Dave Biekel, sadly no longer with us, used to tell the story about how he was originally put on supplies duties. "I made myself the most irreplaceable warehouseman the U.S. Army has ever fuckin' seen. And after a year of stacking boxes I got an honourable discharge, went home and came to England in case the fuckers ever tried to draft me again."

Still catching up with this.

What a series. Weirdly found the most shocking aspect the Kent and Jackson State killings. An armed militia pumping bullets into some daft shites just saying they disagree with something. Christ.

I'm guessing it's a pro-US documentary and doesn't go into the whole Gulf of Tonkin incident, or mention how the US were meeting 80% of the French war costs before the Vietnam debacle, or how LBJ and Nixon lied to the US public to gain support for bullshit, or how they put a dictator in charge who went on to slaughter innocent women and children....

I'm guessing it's a pro-US documentary and doesn't go into the whole Gulf of Tonkin incident, or mention how the US were meeting 80% of the French war costs before the Vietnam debacle, or how LBJ and Nixon lied to the US public to gain support for bullshit, or how they put a dictator in charge who went on to slaughter innocent women and children....
Mebbes try watching?

Well Fox News didn’t like it so that should answer your question.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...et-vietnam-and-richard-nixon-wrong-again.html

Instead of being a narrow minded half wit you should watch it.

If you bother to watch it you'll find it covers all of that. And more.

It's certainly not pro-US.

Sticks boot into Tricky Dicky.

His nickname says it all.

The funniest aspect of this numpty's post is that it covers every single one of those things. :lol:

Back