Viessmann Boilers

I had one. A mate of mine installed it years ago, before they were commercially available in the uk. Had loads of problems with it and got rid last year

I had one. A mate of mine installed it years ago, before they were commercially available in the uk. Had loads of problems with it and got rid last year

Thought they were the best of the best?

Seem huge ones in vallas hired abroad n a german customer just bought one too.

Maybe better nowadays?

better boilers out there?? baxi doutec is the best imho, veissmann has a small market share especially in the north east don’t work in enough to work out if they are shite or not to be honest, doutec has been out 10+ years and are still going (up until the end of October when they cease production) if I was going to install a boiler in my house that would be it. Another unpopular opinion to some is an ideal logic who have also been in production for 10+ years which apart from one problem which has now been rectified very little goes wrong with. Too many new boilers released atm none have which have been out for any length of time to tell if they are good or not, hope that helps😂😂

Last edited:
better boilers out there?? baxi doutec is the best imho, veissmann has a small market share especially in the north east don’t work in enough to work out if they are shite or not to be honest, doutec has been out 10+ years and are still going (up until the end of October when they cease production) if I was going to install a boiler in my house that would be it. Another unpopular opinion to some is an ideal logic who have also been in production for 10+ years which apart from one problem which has now been rectified very little goes wrong with. Too many new boilers released atm none have which have been out for any length of time to tell if they are good or not, hope that helps😂😂
Marco and the boys at WPS always have some cracking deals on with Main boilers .

Do you know why Baxi are ceasing to make such a popular boiler mate? we've had ours about 10 years now and it's only had very minor issues, had another fitted 2 years ago in a buy to let. Will there still be a good spares market for a few years yet? the recent boiler had at least a 7 year warranty.

We have a wiessman and it's been fine for the last year. Our plumber used to only do valiant or Worcester but now sticks to wiessman. He claims the parts last longer cos some important part of wiessman are metal rather than plastic. (sorry I'm no expert on these things). When he suggested wiessman I'd never heard of them and was a big valiant fan. But all the reviews put them top now

Was talking to my nephew just last night about boiler as mine is on the blink and he's a heating engineer. Recommends baxi as he says all the important bits are stainless or brass. Worcester are plastic and tend to pin hole perforate over time.

Do you know why Baxi are ceasing to make such a popular boiler mate? we've had ours about 10 years now and it's only had very minor issues, had another fitted 2 years ago in a buy to let. Will there still be a good spares market for a few years yet? the recent boiler had at least a 7 year warranty.
Too big and too noisy I’ve heard, I thinks it's brave without the new range being out less than a year or so, ideal logic have flooded the market especially up here, smaller and quieter I think the EU has noise regulations which the current duo tec couldn’t comply with too.
Marco and the boys at WPS always have some cracking deals on with Main boilers .
Main is baxi just tend to have less warranty
Think they are obliged to make parts for ten years after production stops

Last edited:
Too big and too noisy I’ve heard, I thinks it's brave without the new range being out less than a year or so, ideal logic have flooded the market especially up here, smaller and quieter I think the EU has noise regulations which the current duo tec couldn’t comply with too.

Main is baxi just tend to have less warranty
Mines an ideal and I'm going to ring ideal to come out to it today (it's not necessarily shit just old in a new house we bought). Nephew reckons theyre good for customer service and I live nr Hull where they are based . We'll see :lol:

Prefer stainless steel ones which last longer than aluminium before corrosion sets in.

Mines an ideal and I'm going to ring ideal to come out to it today (it's not necessarily shit just old in a new house we bought). Nephew reckons theyre good for customer service and I live nr Hull where they are based . We'll see :lol:
Shite, ideal wouldn't touch the boiler as its at least 15 years old and out of warrenty. Probably replace it with an ideal logic 30 as it's cabbaged.

Replaced our weissman with a baxi ecoblue. 10 year parts and labour warranty. Only had it just over a year, no problems

Back