Video game the decade

Controversial industry top 3:
Minecraft - who would have thought computer Lego would be end up worth 3 billion. My kid has played this with his mates on and off for as long as they've been gaming.
Candy Crush - It appealed to non gamers and spawned a million imitators. I can appreciate something that you could get anyone aged from 5 to 100 to pick up and get them playing.
Fortnite - Absolutely massive, popularised battle royale. It's probably going to have a lasting impact on gaming.

Honourable mention: Pokemon go, if it had been popular for more than a couple of months it would have been top 3 easily. I remember it coming out and walking around Mowbray Park trying to catch shit with dozens of people walking around doing the same.

Personal top 3:
Skyrim - goes without saying. This will be in a lot of posts. I've bought this game 4 times in different formats. I've ran through it more times than I can count. I even did a level 1 run through (couldn't increase skills so unarmed, no armour, no magic, no sneaking, no lock picking etc).

The Last of Us - great gameplay, pacing, writing, and acting.

Persona 5 - long and cringey as fuck at times but I had a great time with this. The ATB system is underused these days.

Nee Japanese school girls? :lol:
I don't go in for that shit whenever I can avoid it. Unfortunately the genre I like is rooted in anime tropes which is unfortunate. Plenty of animated sex in the Witcher, mind, isn't there? Find sex in video games embarrassing whether cartoony or photo realistic in truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nee Japanese school girls? :lol:
I was about to out Persona 5 before you mentioned that!
I don't go in for that shit whenever I can avoid it. Unfortunately the genre I like is rooted in anime tropes which is unfortunate. Plenty of animated sex in the Witcher, mind, isn't there? Find sex in video games embarrassing whether cartoony or photo realistic in truth.
Confirmed as pervert

Last edited:

Back