Victoria viaduct

I suppose keeping to the centre is okay, by your comment is the fencing a bit dodgy, it certainly looks that way.

I mean the fencing at either end has gaps to enable you to walk across the viaduct. There's railings at either side but remember it's not meant to be a pedestrian thoroughfare so the railings arnt the highest. Keep any young uns next to you and dogs on a lead

I had a class walk the other day through cox green and then onto penshaw side and back again to Fatfield.

Victoria viaduct is a fascinating structure. I presume it’s taller than Durham? you can still see the tunnels they used to ship the stone from penshaw quarry (I think?).

Did a bit of research on it when I got back. Last train was 1991. Would like to see it used again. Shame its not.

I had a class walk the other day through cox green and then onto penshaw side and back again to Fatfield.

Victoria viaduct is a fascinating structure. I presume it’s taller than Durham? you can still see the tunnels they used to ship the stone from penshaw quarry (I think?).

Did a bit of research on it when I got back. Last train was 1991. Would like to see it used again. Shame its not.

You can walk over it. If you follow the lines on the Southside

A viaduct like that should be used. I take it a fair few have jumped?

I might try and walk it one day.

I've no idea mate.
I'll be honest and admit that until recently I had no idea trains had used it in the 90s, when the east coast mainline was being updated I think it was.
If you're soft as clarets like me it's canny to walk across it. Most people might not think so :D
Canny views up and down the Wear like

Back