Victor Anichebe

True. But I reckon there are other factors at play. It's not as black and white as people on here make it out.

Injuries, loss of form, long way from home, loads of factors.
Our demand for perfection from the 2nd minute on the pitch probably hasn't helped a few.

I remember Gary Bennett's debut v Southampton. He won a big header on the halfway line after 30 seconds. Probably set him up for life.
Gary Bennett scored after 2 minutes of his debut!

I think it shows the difference between Grigg/Graham etc compared to Jozy etc. Jozy was absolutely shocking and on par with those two but his attitude and enthusiasm sort of makes him likable. I was glad to see the back of Jozy but you could tell he tried
Aye, for all he never got it right on the pitch, he couldn’t faulted for his effort. I was happy to see him score goals in America.

Not saying you deserved it but it would be canny if a few more deserving internet gobshites got taught a lesson like the Curtis Woodhouse carry on
I just commented on something someone tagged me in saying he does a throwback to the 3 goals he scored for us every other week, was nothing bad. I agree put them in the ring for a few rounds

Bournemouth away. Bedlam :cool:
Honestly most incredible individual performance I've seen. Possessed doesn't even begin to describe it.

f***ing saved Moyes from the chop, the ****.
Strange to see someone just let their career just fizzle out, could be many reasons of course and it's his decision, generally did okay for us when fit he just seems a bit of an oddball?
Absolutely riddled with injuries the lad. Shame... He had something.

Last edited:
Honestly most incredible individual performance I've seen. Possessed doesn't even begin to describe it.

f***ing saved Moyes from the chop, the ****.

Absolutely riddled with injuries the lad. Shame... He had something.
Aye he was absolutely awesome for about 3 games. Dunno if his performances stood out because of Moyes, his injuries or what but I may be with you in saying possibly one of the most imposing individual performances I've seen

Aye he was absolutely awesome for about 3 games. Dunno if his performances stood out because of Moyes, his injuries or what but I may be with you in saying possibly one of the most imposing individual performances I've seen

Helped by pulling him out wide so that he dominated against fullbacks and then moved inside so Defoe could play off him. Always been a decent physical unit, but absolutely shite in front of goal.

Injuries and the fact clubs soon caught onto this meant the goals and performances (3 over 19 games) never lasted.

Given the lacklustre shite elsewhere he stood out for a nanosecond, but like many signings who initially impress it didn't last long.

Back