Victims of violent assaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a good kicking off three blokes in town when i was 17 walking home. Unprovoked. Only the 2nd time I'd been out clubbing.
Certainly made me more on edge. Didn't stop me going out, but locally where I would be walking home from the local I'd be more uptight.
I could easily have came off worse than I did, eg stabbed or hospitalised or in a coma etc.
Can totally understand why people retreat into their shell after it

Trauma , sensitization of the amygdala ( triggers fight or flight ) with inhibiting impact on the memory forming time ordering hippocampus ( flashback , memory perceived as current experience ) . Results in hypervigilance, avoidance of potential triggers .
No one knows really why you can get 10 kickings and laugh them off then the last one has big men shaking like a shiting dog. Could be cumulative or could be breaches in schema due to something specific .
OP is correct though , sometimes there are secondary gains such as pay outs or compensation and also sometimes it's not trauma it's past based rumination on the meaning of the event that causes the withdrawal " why me , I didn't deserve it etc.

How come they are always 'afraid to go out the house again', 'afraid to be in social situations' etc etc, is this a stock response for the courts to get extra sympathy/compensation?

I've been brayed to fuck several times now and love nothing more than getting out the house and back into social situations.
Yes

My mate is mouthy after a few Drinks and get's punched at least 3 times per year because of it. I don't get involved anymore, I warn him, he fails to listen 9/10, I've done my mate duty, he keeps on behaving like a tit, he deserves a hiding. Frustrating as he never used to be like that, used to be a skinny nerd, suddenly he started going to the Gym and becomming obsessed with them protein shakes, almost overnight he got full of himself.

He'll come a real cropper one of these nights if he isn't careful

You see it all the time

When I was in younger I got in plenty of scraps mostly just the odd scuffle or punch etc when out drinking and i wasn't really bothered by it. Been lucky never to have much more than a bust lip or scrape but I did hurt someone who came at me once and that scared me a bit even though it was self defence.

But the biggest thing that made me think about being a bit more careful when I go out is Having kids. Really there is no winner in a fight, you either end up hurt (or worse) or in jail. Wouldn't want to not be there for the kids.

He'll come a real cropper one of these nights if he isn't careful

You see it all the time

I've told him mate, he literally wouldn't harm a fly out of drink, but likes to act as the 'Class Clown' after a few Beers. I remember once in Sinatra's, he took a video of himself going around the Pub asking people where the Winter Gardens is and put on a pathetic German accent, then asking for them to buy him a beer. Not remotely funny, also ruins the night for us as we are constantly on edge, waiting for him next little 'Thing'.

Then, he starts bothering people on the Bandits telling them how to win everytime. Not realising, he's intruding on their space. Then, if they win, he sometimes asks for a few quid as he helped them.

He always asks for an arm wrestle match with me (Knowing he's going to win as he's arms are huge) he's always got to prove to everyone he's the boy.

Lukcily, he's rarely out these days, he's class out of drink, but I tend to not bother going out if he's out. I can't be bothered with it, I want to relax when I'm out.

He's like 30 but acts like a 16 year old.

Last edited:
How come they are always 'afraid to go out the house again', 'afraid to be in social situations' etc etc, is this a stock response for the courts to get extra sympathy/compensation?

I've been brayed to fuck several times now and love nothing more than getting out the house and back into social situations.

Did you suffer any kind of brain damage by any chance? :lol:

I've been attacked a couple of times. First time I was early teens. That put me off going down the town for a bit.
Second time when I was in Manchester, it didn't put me off, it just made me quite angry.

People's perception of the likelihood of being the victim of an assault can change once it happens.

I got jumped on my way home from the when I lived down Hendon. It didn't change my life, however I started getting taxis home instead of walking.
I was 17 (Second time at the bottom of a circle of boots) when I realised the money saved on the Metro or Bus was not a worth paying for with my blood.

I've told him mate, he literally wouldn't harm a fly out of drink, but likes to act as the 'Class Clown' after a few Beers. I remember once in Sinatra's, he took a video of himself going around the Pub asking people where the Winter Gardens is and put on a pathetic German accent, then asking for them to buy him a beer. Not remotely funny, also ruins the night for us as we are constantly on edge, waiting for him next little 'Thing'.

Then, he starts bothering people on the Bandits telling them how to win everytime. Not realising, he's intruding on their space. Then, if they win, he sometimes asks for a few quid as he helped them.

He always asks for an arm wrestle match with me (Knowing he's going to win as he's arms are huge) he's always got to prove to everyone he's the boy.

Lukcily, he's rarely out these days, he's class out of drink, but I tend to not bother going out if he's out. I can't be bothered with it, I want to relax when I'm out.

He's like 30 but acts like a 16 year old.
30 :eek:. He should be calming down by now.I know a bloke who had arms the size of Garth he was an arsehole off the drink as well though. He moved towns went into a local pub full of people he didn't know and started giving it the big un. His usually set of arse licking chums wernt with him he just had one or two pals. He started on some well known head from that area (who had a lot more of his arse licking chums) and ended up getting his eyes gouged by this blokes thumbs. He is now blind in one eye and no fucker has seen him in ages no pun intended.
This big fucker failed to realise that some of these smaller fuckers have small man syndrome and are aggressive as fuck and don't fight using Queensbury rules. You should tell your friend to calm down or consider doing some self defense of some kind if he keeps getting in scrapes because one day he might bump into a nasty fucker who will give him more than just a clip round the ear hole.
As for me personaly well I look about 20 times harder than I actually am so I don't get much bother well that and I'm 42 and way past looking for scraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back