Venice and Rome tips

I can't help you with the logistics of your trip but I have been to Venice when I was in school and it was one of the best places I've been. Just found it culturally very different to anywhere Id been up until then. Coffee shops and glass shops galore. The scenery ain't bad either! Enjoy.

Definitely at least visit Lido di Jesolo. It’s a lovely beach, and hardly had anyone on it when we went in September. Once you’ve had a walk round Venice, you’ll probably not want to again.

In Rome, walk everywhere. The building/structures are truly magnificent. The Vatican tour was also really interesting.

this man knows his onions...... ;):cool:

Definitely at least visit Lido di Jesolo. It’s a lovely beach, and hardly had anyone on it when we went in September. Once you’ve had a walk round Venice, you’ll probably not want to again.

In Rome, walk everywhere. The building/structures are truly magnificent. The Vatican tour was also really interesting.

Agree with people saying to stay in Lido de Jesolo and take the boat trip over. The views from the boat are great.

I found driving in North Italy to be fine, drivers very courteous. However you can't bring a car into Venice so I would also recommend taking the train.

Going to Italy soon - only for a week

Arrive in Venice and looking to go to Rome

Was looking to hire a car and drive down to Rome ?

Or is there another way ? Which smb would recommend ?

Also where is the best place to stay in Venice?

Any other tips ?

Thanks in advance

Tim

I did this a few years ago get the train, cheap reliable service with great scenery

Never been to Venice. Don’t wanna go. Put off by the reports of crowds and cost

Went to Rome. Stayed in a self catering apartment. Inexpensive. Arranged loads of tours with viatours to beat the queues. Walked everywhere. Loved it.

Doesn’t answer any of the questions but thought I’d share. You’re welcome.
Stayed on a campsite near Venice about ten years and got the ferry/water taxi over to Venice a few times, took about 20 mins.
Loved Venice and apart from the main square didn't think it was expensive and wasn't packed, would go again.

Back