Vehicles having to give way to pedesrians

This sounds quite dangerous if not all drivers are fully aware, but a pedestrian knows they have right of way.
Personally I can’t stand it when I’m crossing a road and a car stops and ushers me across. I’d rather wait the 2 seconds and cross after the car has gone.
The thick fuckers always do this on dual carriageways anarl.

"Go on son! Walk past my car and into the other lane full of free-flowing traffic!"

Bastads.

As an ADI I've taught what they call the Dutch reach for 20+ years. Two reasons. Blind spot check before opening (think HGV or Double Decker) and if it's windy you need to hold the door before you pull the release handle.
Regarding pedestrians at junctions we'll wait and see the wording - 'must" or "should". The examiners I've spoke to have had no word from on high as to how they should mark it so important to see whether it's a "must" or not!
Personally I think this is f***ing madness.

That's what the law says whether you agree with it or not. Pedestrians have the right of way from now on. I'm sure there will be many a case of injuries when people realise they can make a huge claim by stepping out
You think people are now going to start actively trying to get knocked down by drivers so that they can try to claim for cash?

Really needs to be a mass publicity campaign around these new changes. I've heard bits and pieces in the media but they should be writing to every driver along with TV adverts.

Back