Veggie grub

Theres a bunch of things like that - some seafood that gets flwon out the country then back after being prepped, a lot of the pre cooked chicken pieces (certainly in Asda) are flown in from Thailand (which has worse animal welfare than the chicken factories here as well).

Been vegan for 5 or so years and thats moving from soneone who would have meat feast everything or a massive mixed grill when going out etc, havent missed it at all but have moved to more of a whole food type diet with meat replacement for treats every now and again. Is easier than ever to even if dont go the whole way have replacements couple of times a week, easier than ever to eat out in most areas as well, although for in West durham getting anything vegan takeout more of a challenge.

The whole transporting of food for prep is absolutely ridiculous and should be stopped. Surely we should be able to process things ourselves, or at least closer to home.
If not, why not?

Its that kind of attitude that is why the environments fucked and so will people be in a hundred years or sooner if habits don’t change
Exactly.

It's good that people are making better choices these days. I think what gets on people's nerves are the minority who go on like they're saving the world by being a boring, anaemic vegetable muncher yet still eating smashed avocado every morning, drinking coffee all day and jetting off to Bali for four weeks of meditation. They are doing far more harm than your average joe.
It depends if you see not eating meat as 'limiting' - I certainly don't. Just as not smoking is also not 'limiting' for me.
I get you, but smoking is not essential to survive. Eating is. I take your point though.

It depends if you see not eating meat as 'limiting' - I certainly don't. Just as not smoking is also not 'limiting' for me.

I see being a fish/meat eater who also likes veggie/vegan/plant based as having the best of both worlds as I can eat anything. Except kale, obviously. That's just rabbit food.

How on earth can people give up bacon sandwiches?
It is the one thing that I really miss. There are a load of meat substitutes that we use and a real pleasure for me is a Linda McCartney pie. But I'm sitting here drooling at the thought of some lean smoked back in cheap white bread with lashings of butter washed down with a mug of tea.
However it's been about 5 years since our neighbour put some sheep on our land and three or four lambs were born here. One, we christened Mr Cuddles, and it was as playful and as affectionate and as curious as any puppy. Lovely little thing. A few weeks after our neighbour moved them back to his land he brought Mr Cuddles round one day. In handy sized freezer bags. It was a bit of an epiphany.
Rarely touched meat since.
Oh and if anyone is fond of avocados the locals have grubbed up huge areas of oranges and lemons because they are so profitable. The downside is that they are an ecological disaster as they need so much water with a kilo of avocados needing about 300 litres of water to produce. The two local rivers have all but dried up because of them. There are plantations nearby of 1000's of avocado trees. We won't touch them now.

Been meat free for about 3 month now had fish maybe once a week fish n chip Friday 😉
Got to say have not missed meat one bit and feel no different if anything a few positive things firstly my bowl movement is much better don’t feel groggy or tired after a meal and have lost about 3kilo
I am a regular gym goer and have felt no change or less energy to my workouts
And most important the food has been great mostly use the BBC good food guide
Any others cut meat out and feel ok about it ?
Yeah, I've been meat free about the same time as you. Eat fish every now and again. Have noticed my joint pain has eased. I'm definitely eating healthier aswell. Haven't missed the meat. Do miss fish, especially the convenience of it when I'm at work.

Couldn't imagine life without a Sunday roast of lamb or beef.

A chicken vindaloo, house special curry from the Chinese, or a kebab after a night out.

Yes, I've tried vegetarian restaurants and while what they are doing is half decent, it's not for me.

Do the veggie lot knit their own shoes?

Yeah, I've been meat free about the same time as you. Eat fish every now and again. Have noticed my joint pain has eased. I'm definitely eating healthier aswell. Haven't missed the meat. Do miss fish, especially the convenience of it when I'm at work.
We trying Gousto for a few months some good options and 4 meals for 2 worked out at £26 with joining discount and really tasty grub 👍

We trying Gousto for a few months some good options and 4 meals for 2 worked out at £26 with joining discount and really tasty grub 👍
Our lass is a pretty talented cook. Very creative. Shes made the whole process much easier. Shes doing it aswell. I've enjoyed the challenge actually.

Loads of discussion in here

My Mrs went veggie a few years ago so most of our meals at home are meat free, I have to say I don’t miss meat at all, even though I’m not strictly a vegetarian

Back