Vegans cause traditional Pie and Mash shop to close down

Indeed. It’s almost like it’s not actually the vegans who are putting him out of business.
Doesn’t quite work like that though (despite what I put in my earlier post). Need separate cooking areas and equipment etc.

Bloke is still a tool mind.
I for one think it’s a bit sad.
You’re the only person so far. It’s sad that traditions are lost but... There are ways he could easily have upped his game.

Even in the torrid f***ing warzone that is Deptford you should be charging more than 3.50 for a pie and mash. How hard is it to just make a Vegan one in any case Spoiler alert, its not struggling because of Vegans. The same way Hooters isn't having to close locations in the states because "millenials just don't like tits as much"

Utter Moron

Where does the SMB stand on these bellends who slap some meat and gravy on a plate and put a disk of pastry on top and call it a pie?

Pies have to be fully encircled by pastry, violators must be drowned in their most likely substandard gravy

Last edited:
I think he means having two huge flags draped inside the window so you can’t even see inside to see that it’s a shithole.

Subtle ones either side of the sign or something wouldn’t stop me going in. Two flags in the windows would certainly put me off.

This exactly. Not everyone wants flags shoved in their face.
So he's seen his trade dwindling for years and its never occurred to him to offer a few new things, or he's just refused too. He doesn't seem too bright to me.
Having said that, I had no idea pie and mash shops existed. Just a London thing ?

This exactly. Not everyone wants flags shoved in their face.
So he's seen his trade dwindling for years and its never occurred to him to offer a few new things, or he's just refused too. He doesn't seem too bright to me.
Having said that, I had no idea pie and mash shops existed. Just a London thing ?

There's a pie & mash shop in Southsea. The bloke who owns it sells vegan pies and has even diversified into selling vinyl records. It's thriving.

Southsea's Pie & Vinyl - Record Cafe - Pie & Mash - Vinyl Music

Doesn’t quite work like that though (despite what I put in my earlier post). Need separate cooking areas and equipment etc.

Bloke is still a tool mind.

You’re the only person so far. It’s sad that traditions are lost but... There are ways he could easily have upped his game.
The good news is Manzes on Deptford High St is still going MANZE'S DEPTFORD

In other news cassette shop owner Richard Head is fuming because CDs and even vinyl have now forced him to close his shop. He ranted "why are people such ponces nowadays ? My cassettes are made from the finest quality British plastic in China and we even include a self repair kit for when the tape gets wrapped around the heads."

Back