Vegan Thread

Linda Mac sarnie, 2 hash browns + black coffee for breakfast.

Unrivalled imo.
There’s a Vegan recipe section in the Guardian. It’s called ‘The New Vegan’ and has some cracking recipes. I’d share the link but it wont open on my browser on my iPad - it diverts me to my app.

Aye some decent stuff in there that I'm going to give a go.

She's got a recipe on there for Vada Pav. If any of you find yourself in Leeds/Manchester after the pandemic, get in Bundobust and get the vegan Vada Pav with Okra Fries.

Last edited:
I don’t join the argument that Vegans stuff it down your throat but it must be so difficult. My Sister in Law sent me a pair of leather gloves for my birthday a couple of days ago, my boys both bought me cheese, I don’t drink tea or coffee so have lemon, lime, ginger and honey in hot water for breakfast

I don't bother telling people for the exact reason that if you mention it to people it confirms that belief. I do tell my son though every time he cooks a steak :)
There’s a Vegan recipe section in the Guardian. It’s called ‘The New Vegan’ and has some cracking recipes. I’d share the link but it wont open on my browser on my iPad - it diverts me to my app.

Defo trying this - Meera Sodha's vegan recipe for leek, cabbage and spinach filo pie | The new vegan

Last edited:
Linda Mac sarnie, 2 hash browns + black coffee for breakfast.

Unrivalled imo.

Aye some decent stuff in there that I'm going to give a go.

She's got a recipe on there for Vada Pav. If any of you find yourself in Leeds/Manchester after the pandemic, get in Bundobust and get the vegan Vada Pav with Okra Fries.

Made vada pav and okra fries last week, I’ll hoy a couple of photos up later. Only the second time I’ve made it but well worth trying at home on a weekend.

Strange how vegans "don't like to go on about it" yet here we are - a vegan thread. Did I miss the pescatarian/vegetarian/carnism/omnivore threads?

Hypocrites mate.
I've been using the Squeaky Bean "meats" in my bait for the last couple of weeks and they are lush, especially with pease pudding in sarnies.

A great protein hit and much tastier that the Quorn equivilents...

Logon or register to see this image
Logon or register to see this image

Bought them at Tesco, £2 per pack.
I'll give them a go but I'm not keen on too much processed stuff.

Strange how vegans "don't like to go on about it" yet here we are - a vegan thread. Did I miss the pescatarian/vegetarian/carnism/omnivore threads?
Yes you did - theres both a pescaterian and carnivore thread in diet and exercise forums - someone also did a meat one in SMB as well that I saw.

So from that we can conclude that vegans don't diet or exercise. probably because they're so weak from not having a balanced nutritional intake. cheers.
Apart from the vegan topping the miles in the RTG running group each week then suspect you are correct and wont claim Lewis Hamilton as he sits down all the time to win so not really an athlete.

Awful trolling btw but at least slightly more orginal than the mmmm bacon usually get.

Any of you been buying the Lidl stuff for veganuary?... I normally cook fresh but thought I'd try their sausage rolls pasties and pizzas... They're not bad like... Cheap anarl especially if you've been using the 15 percent off coupon via the app.

Back