Vegan Thread

Not a fan. Cauldron Lincolnshire ones are topper, but not vegan as they've got egg in them.
Some of the Heckones are decent, Shroomdogs are pretty good as well as long as like mushrooms and before the latest releases I always went for the farm food ones they similar in texture to LM but a bit more tastier.

Not a fan. Cauldron Lincolnshire ones are topper, but not vegan as they've got egg in them.

I hated the Cauldron ones :lol: Not sure if it was the Lincolnshire type but they just tasted of mushroom.

Cooked that mapo tofu recipe tonight by the way and it was cracking.

Any full on vegans including clothing may be pleased to know that adidas have started doin* some of their classic brands as vegan. Samba and Stan smith are 2 of them.

Any full on vegans including clothing may be pleased to know that adidas have started doin* some of their classic brands as vegan. Samba and Stan smith are 2 of them.
I saw that in my google feed. I’m not a fan of trainers and I still wear leather footwear. I’m not after getting into vegan heaven.
There would be no leather if everyone went vegan, I suppose.
Went off Heck after I saw this

Logon or register to see this image
They are awful anyway.
To me it’s a no brainer. I cannot see how people can argue against the environmental impact.

Last edited:
Give the half-arsed approach to climate change in the face of such strong evidence, I'm not holding my breath either.
To be fair, I didn’t change because of climate change. I think the disaster has already happened to the world and my small contribution to less animals being exploited is enough. That and I think it’s better for me.

There’s a Vegan recipe section in the Guardian. It’s called ‘The New Vegan’ and has some cracking recipes. I’d share the link but it wont open on my browser on my iPad - it diverts me to my app.

Think that’s the Meera Sodha column? She’s got some great recipes.
Was looking through their recipes and they appealed to me. Been eating loads of their shwaemamaamamma kebab stuff recently.

Tried those steaks tonight, they were awful :lol: Will stick to their Greek kebab meat and bacon bits from now on.

I don’t join the argument that Vegans stuff it down your throat but it must be so difficult. My Sister in Law sent me a pair of leather gloves for my birthday a couple of days ago, my boys both bought me cheese, I don’t drink tea or coffee so have lemon, lime, ginger and honey in hot water for breakfast

Back