Vegan Thread

Since it is veganuary and some will be suffering this horrendous torture I thought a vegan thread would be interesting for anyone thinking about doing it.

I started almost a year ago and cannot imagine returning to eating animal stuff.

Anyone thinking about it?

It's the way forward.

Since it is veganuary and some will be suffering this horrendous torture I thought a vegan thread would be interesting for anyone thinking about doing it.

I started almost a year ago and cannot imagine returning to eating animal stuff.

It's the way forward.
Should try The Good Apple cafe next time you are over this neck of the woods Harry mate. Does some cracking veggie/vegan stuff. No way would I go full vegan but I enjoy it every now and again. Would take too much time/effort/planning to fully commit. And I like meat too much obvs

Should try The Good Apple cafe next time you are over this neck of the woods Harry mate. Does some cracking veggie/vegan stuff. No way would I go full vegan but I enjoy it every now and again. Would take too much time/effort/planning to fully commit. And I like meat too much obvs
I will deffo try but to be honest if you like a good meal out then vegan probably isn't an option. Makes the choice easier :lol:

I've enjoyed the challenge and whilst it did take some getting used to and there is a little bit of planning needed, it is a doddle now.

It's the way forward.
The wife was vegetarian for many years then started eating meat. She started being vegan this month and some the stuff is actually really nice. I love the veggie bait we eat. I reckon I could be veggie no bother but vegan too much for me. Might do a bit of both.

It's the way forward.

I've dabbled with vegetarianism for nearly 30 yor.

I'm finally considering the next step of at least partial veganism.

II'd like to ask:

What benefits have you noticed?

What downsides have you seen?

The single biggest challenge?

Mrs Kaplan has ordered a Vegan cookbook after seeing a feature on Sunday Brunch. She's building a collection of new recipe books etc.

We have no intention of going full vegan or vegetarian but we occasionally go days without meat - just because. No biggie.

Couldn't be arsed personally, it seems too limiting. Would probably just live on chips.

I think it's funny how much bile veggies and vegans get from some people.

Be good to hear recipes like if anyone's got some tried and tested favourites?

I like this Meera Sodha one Meera Sodha’s vegan recipe for leeks, saffron and haricot beans

No intention of going vegan / veggie as a full-on label, but naturally only eat meat 2-3 times a week anyway, so do like a good spread of options.
I'll have a look.

I have no issue with people eating meat but after a year I really don't think about it. It's weird.

The stuff just disappears from view even though it is there.

Back