Vaux

People won't like it but the metro line basically killed any chance the city centre had.

I mean, most cities are chain shops so I don't see that as a problem but you don't have the higher end ones. It's almost a catch 22 situation really if the footfall is chavs who frequent poundland probably wouldn't go into something like the White Company or similar "aspirational" shops.

That's my point though....the city centre shops are a reflection of those who use them. What half decent buildings we have are boarded up and neglected.

There are still some horrific looking buildings from late 60s and 70s, in the city centre but the harbour and dock areas are fantastic, for Restaurants, bars and apartments, the fishing is canny also :)
The Palmerston forts are the most impressive buildings in Plymouth and you can't see them even when you are right on top of them.

Might be people are pleased we are getting something finally built after years of being raped by Newcastle.Perhaps it is iconic.But hey,everything is better through there.

As the manager says "it's a working class area" :lol:

The contrast with Newcastle city centre is stark and the gap is widening.

Its amazing, Newcastle used to be a working class area, amazing what you can do when all the money from the whole region is hoyed at it.

Bastards, f***ing grown at the cost of Sunderland and Gateshead, and anywhere else in the North East

FN

Its amazing, Newcastle used to be a working class area, amazing what you can do when all the money from the whole region is hoyed at it.

Bastards, f***ing grown at the cost of Sunderland and Gateshead, and anywhere else in the North East

FN

Being realistic there was only ever going to be one regional city and Newcastle had a bit more going for it. Once the money starts pouring in it becomes exponential.

Really f***ing funny you mate...are you a bairn?

What's that supposed to mean?

The elephant in the room is your gaping fanny, full of sand

Looks as if I've hit a nerve :lol:

Last edited:
Being realistic there was only ever going to be one regional city and Newcastle had a bit more going for it. Once the money starts pouring in it becomes exponential.

What's that supposed to mean?

Looks as if I've hit a nerve :lol:

What more did it have going for it? And why is one city in a region favoured to the detriment to others in the majority of cases?

Only in Sunderland, the City where mediocre is the gold standard, could a rectangular office block be considered iconic.

Hope I'm wrong but I can see this whole site being yet another in a long line of wasted opportunities.

Pity the Council and Siglion didn’t consider using firms on there doorstep to do the facade and glazing works rather than a company from the midlands, however it’s typical that they rather bring in companies from outside than support those creating jobs within.

Back