Vaux site

I wonder how all this working from home will affect these new office developments.

its difficult to tell but suspect businesses will be reluctant to commit to new buildings at the moment. It could work in Vaux favour with businesses perhaps looking for smaller premises or to diversify the locations of their staff. I think offices will still be required but perhaps more as meeting, project, collaborative spaces than having a dedicated desk. Some business who are insistent on having offices space may in fact opt for bigger floor space to allow for social distancing measures.
Is that a new footbridge over the wear?

yes thats the plan in fact I think there was 2 (one at the Vaux level and another at the lower level in galleys Gill). At the consultant event there was some suggestion of possibly a 3rd.

Last edited:
its difficult to tell but suspect businesses will be reluctant to commit to new buildings at the moment. It could work in Vaux favour with businesses perhaps looking for smaller premises or to diversify the locations of their staff. I think offices will still be required but perhaps more as meeting, project, collaborative spaces than having a dedicated desk. Some business who are insistent on having offices space may in fact opt for bigger floor space to allow for social distancing measures.

yes thats the plan in fact I think there was 2 (one at the Vaux level and another at the lower level in galleys Gill). At the consultant event there was some suggestion of possibly a 3rd.
IIRC they’ll only be building one of the options but they were showcasing them both for people to see.

IIRC they’ll only be building one of the options but they were showcasing them both for people to see.

think they are contracted to build 2, as part of the financing of the civic centre. They’ll likely build one at a time depending if they get a prelet or not.

think they are contracted to build 2, as part of the financing of the civic centre. They’ll likely build one at a time depending if they get a prelet or not.

Be handy having one close to the kings arms and saltgrass for pre and post matches :)

Be handy having one close to the kings arms and saltgrass for pre and post matches :)

sorry I mistook your original post. L&G not funding either of the bridges just office development, but agree I can’t see where they’d get funding for two bridges and that either bridge will provide a decent route to kings arms and saltgrass.

always though the former railway stables would make a great pub.

Back