Vaux site

Think I may fancy a move to them

Great view especially those right on the cliff edge.

The houses look really good, certainly different to standard house builders. It will be interesting to see what they are like sq ft wise compared to the market. Downside seems to be lack of onsite parking and personal outdoor space but in all honesty it’s a city centre location and a massive park on your doorstep so not too dissimilar to the historic terrace properties in Sunderland with little back yards or standard apartment blocks.

Fingers crossed the designs don’t get watered down.

:evil:
Good to see all the local expert architects and building designers giving their opinions already. Let’s build nowt there and blame the council for nothing happening. Ffs man can anybody build anything in this place without criticism? Seen that Hadrian tower in Newcastle? That concrete tower, looks f***ing great doesn’t it.
What are your views on the horrendous steel shedding structure addition attached to the empire theatre a few years ago ??? Cheap and nasty option as is the labour council way.

What are your views on the horrendous steel shedding structure addition attached to the empire theatre a few years ago ??? Cheap and nasty option as is the labour council way.
Go to the Empire regularly. Never really notice it as it's high up. What do you suggest and should run the Council? Please don't say, Anyone but Labour.

Got to be honest I think this is shite and that housing is a waste of prime over looking river location

What do you think should be on there?

The views will up the market price for the residential making it viable. Also hopefully keep people in the city and attract people from outside.

Suspect the design will have been driven by funding therefore restricted by budget?

Agree ideally it would have been a different material.

Last edited:
What do you think should be on there?

The views will up the market price for the residential making it viable. Also hopefully keep people in the city and attract people from outside.

Suspect the design will have been driven by funding therefore restricted by budget?

Agree ideally it would have been a different material.
Second hand cheap Sunderland as per.Always the Cinderella with such a budget mentality.Never used to have this underwhelming and plastic labour council mentality.A carbuncle attached to a beautiful theatre.
Go to the Empire regularly. Never really notice it as it's high up. What do you suggest and should run the Council? Please don't say, Anyone but Labour.
What a silly but predictable response.It can be seen for miles around on approach and is a blot on the skyline.
Anyone but Labour.

Last edited:
Second hand cheap Sunderland as per.Always the Cinderella with such a budget mentality.Never used to have this underwhelming and plastic labour council mentality.A carbuncle attached to a beautiful theatre.

What a silly but predictable response.It can be seen for miles around on approach and is a blot on the skyline.
Anyone but Labour.

I don’t think it would have made a difference if it was labour or conservative would it? Presumably the council employee is to blame. I guess another party may have provided a bigger contribution, but that must have been considered in the round with the overall council budget.

Anyone but Labour.
It's not really. The Empire due to its expansion is able to host West End shows. Now can you please give me a sensible response to my questions please.

It's not really. The Empire due to its expansion is able to host West End shows. Now can you please give me a sensible response to my questions please.

Most of the back part of the empire is a mess as it’s made up of brick structures, the front is pretty detached to the actual theatre part unlike most theatres.

I guess they could have used the flat sections to advertise more. Its not great but I’m not sure what people expected other than perhaps a continuation of the brick facades? Height and shape is fixed by stage and fly tower requirements.

Come back with a much more sensible argument. Until then please adjust your rose tinted specs.
I don’t think it would have made a difference if it was labour or conservative would it? Presumably the council employee is to blame. I guess another party may have provided a bigger contribution, but that must have been considered in the round with the overall council budget.
Unreal.Of course it would have made a difference.Excusrs excuses.Raise your bar and stop accepting third rate results,stalled regeneration,etc etc etc.People like you are part of the problem here too readily and willing to accept failure and second best if were lucky from a failing Labour council and politicians.

Last edited:
Most of the back part of the empire is a mess as it’s made up of brick structures, the front is pretty detached to the actual theatre part unlike most theatres.

I guess they could have used the flat sections to advertise more. Its not great but I’m not sure what people expected other than perhaps a continuation of the brick facades? Height and shape is fixed by stage and fly tower requirements.
My guess is that it's not on the Council's priorities. Is it owned by them these days? It was previously run as a civic amenity. I think we should be grateful it's still there and is doing well. It could easily have gone at least once in the last 100 years (Adolf for instance). I know of at least 2 that have now been demolished.

My concern now is that it will never reopen.
Come back with a much more sensible argument. Until then please adjust your rose tinted specs.

Unreal.Of course it would have made a difference.Excusrs excuses.Raise your bar and stop accepting third rate results,stalled regeneration,etc etc etc.People like you are part of the problem here too readily and willing to accept failure and second best if were lucky from a failing Labour council and politicians.
You are good at castigating people but when we ask you for solid suggestions you know sweet FA. Do you post on FB by any chance.

Last edited:
My guess is that it's not on the Council's priorities. Is it owned by them these days? It was previously run as a civic amenity. I think we should be grateful it's still there and is doing well. It could easily have gone at least once in the last 100 years (Adolf for instance). I know of at least 2 that have now been demolished.

My concern now is that it will never reopen.

I think they own the freehold to the building & that's about their only involvement.

Back