Vaux site......

Look at So Shields seafront then compare to Seaburn.Enough said.Please no more excuses for Sunderland LABOUR council.!!! Please.
I would suggest that most of South Shields’ spend is on the sea front. Let’s face it their town centre consists of one street, which leads down to the sea front.
Sunderland has several priorities to spend on. The city centre is a totally separate entity from the sea front and obviously competes for money.

If Sunderland copied shields, thered be hell on from Seaburn residents even more than theyre currently moaning about

I just don’t get putting a leisure centre on a sea front. I can to some degree in shields as the town centre is off the sea front but I wouldn’t choose to do so by choice.

Just a load of spin and meaningless inuendo from you .How anyone can defend this and past inept Labour councils is beyond me ? .I can only conclude you have a strong connection to them.

Again no answers & confusing defending with me asking questions.

You're using the term labour in a derogatory sense yet praise S.Tyneside labour council despite the town centre being shite.

I'll point this out again.
Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool & Birmingham are all Labour with vibrant city centres.

Their secondary city neighbours are also Labour but struggle to attract private investment.

Now why do you think that is?
Is it Sunderland councils fault for the state of Bradford or Wirral?

You're using the term labour in a derogatory sense yet praise S.Tyneside labour council despite the town centre being shite.

Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool & Birmingham are all Labour with vibrant city centres.

Their secondary city neighbours are also Labour but struggle to attract private investment.

Exactly. I'm not sure what people expect. I remember the facebook comments on the echo story of Holiday Inn planning to build a hotel in the town centre and people going on saying we need more frequent bin collections and 'things for the kids to do' not bloody hotels that no one will ever use , so I wouldn't hold your breath for any reasoned debate from people who cant differentiate between public money and private investment. We are in a league with the like of wakefield and Coventry, not Paris and New York. I think we do all right for ourselves all things considered. I've been to countless towns and cities all over the UK and theres hardly anywhere else I'd rather live.

High Streets are struggling everywhere. Nothing to do with tribal politics, just changing habits. Even that local stalwart of the high street the bookies is turning now. My local Billy Hill's closed down last week due to doing more business online and not enough customers in the shop.

A politician's default mode is to blame the opposition first, even if they opposition weren't in any position to change it. Negative campaigning or summat it's called.

I think a few of the routes were changed last year so that buses went up there instead of down John Street/Fawcett Street. The Metro is only a couple of minutes walk tbf.
With plain idiots like you no wonder the hapless Labour council keep getting voted in.

The vaux site is the biggest legacy of a failing Labour council.It sums their incompetence and even when they have finally gott it lack of vision.Its frightening how many blinketedidiots still try to defend them or make up excuses.Must be part of the Labour establishment or one of the voting sheep.

Last edited by a moderator:
With plain idiots like you no wonder the hapless Labour council keep getting voted in.

The vaux site is the biggest legacy of a failing Labour council.It sums their incompetence and even when they have finally gott it lack of vision.Its frightening how many blinketedidiots still try to defend them or make up excuses.Must be part of the Labour establishment or one of the voting sheep.

Still cant answer & still doesnt get it
Go on then why does it lack vision & what would you do (like youll answer)

do you have anything constructive to say? does it not embarrass you that most other posters actually discuss the issue

When the shipyatds and pits closed many of the shop stewardd union types conveniently became councillors and virtually took over the Labour council.If the council leader didnt have a shioyatd backgroind he had a shipyatd background. in the 80s 90s and 00s. Complete amateurs joined in tje council cabinet by similiar typrs like a brotjerhood along with family connections.Once we had professional people like solicitors running the council then for the last 25/30 years the damage has been done by numerous union shop steward pit/ shioyarders completely out of their depth who have been guilty of mismanagement and comfortable unfortinately in the knowledge they had a safe seat.Since then a failing council and Labour mp s should take a fair share of blame too for under representation has resulted in a failing city.
do you have anything constructive to say? does it not embarrass you that most other posters actually discuss the issue
No because obviously my standatds must be higher than yours.Im trying to lift Sunderland up not put it down.If your content with a third rate city and incompetent council then that is your problem and your ilk.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the shipyatds and pits closed many of the shop stewardd union types conveniently became councillors and virtually took over the Labour council.If the council leader didnt have a shioyatd backgroind he had a shipyatd background. in the 80s 90s and 00s. Complete amateurs joined in tje council cabinet by similiar typrs like a brotjerhood along with family connections.Once we had professional people like solicitors running the council then for the last 25/30 years the damage has been done by numerous union shop steward pit/ shioyarders completely out of their depth who have been guilty of mismanagement and comfortable unfortinately in the knowledge they had a safe seat.Since then a failing council and Labour mp s should take a fair share of blame too for under representation has resulted in a failing city.
So could a Tearoom worker or a fish fryer do any better than shop stewards?

You know that the people who actually run the council are the CEO (the previous one runs a multimillion pound business) & directors who are very well qualified

As far as councillors, every council is the same. Sunderland isnt some special case.

And you very much arent trying to lift Sunderland. This thread was about a positive story & you derailed it with negativity.

Fwiw in the locals I generally vote lib dem as they actually make an effort in engaging with voters. So thats clamped your conspiracy theory.

Ps - still waiting for your answer.

Back