Vaux site......

Last edited:
Where is Penshaw view moving from? As it sounds like it was already somewhere in Sunderland by the name.

Nevertheless, the move to consolidate office jobs within the city center is a long overdue improvement. We are finally actually going to become a proper commuter city. Keel Square will be a vibrant hub of life and this will be a huge win for local cafes, restaurants and other establishments.

Where is Penshaw view moving from? As it sounds like it was already somewhere in Sunderland by the name.

Nevertheless, the move to consolidate office jobs within the city center is a long overdue improvement. We are finally actually going to become a proper commuter city. Keel Square will be a vibrant hub of life and this will be a huge win for local cafes, restaurants and other establishments.

Fredrick street. But it does also sound like the company is expanding so should be adding a few extra jobs.

Good news for the beam building

I heard a rumour siglion were getting disbanded to make way for a new development corp......
It’s not a rumour, it’s been public knowledge since May... Sunderland council takes over Siglion to drive forward multimillion pound city vision

For a split second I thought they were moving Penshaw monument to the old Vauxhall’s site. It’s a yes from me.

Shocking state of affairs.15-20 years since Vaux closed.Only in Sunderland coulf that beam building be described as iconic by an inept,failing Labour council.Vote these amateurs out and finally give this city some hope and a proper future instead of stagnation,incompetence and hot air ,,bullshit Labour propaganda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocking state of affairs.15-20 years since Vaux closed.Only in Sunderland coulf that beam building be described as iconic by an inept,failing Labour council.Vote these amateurs out and finally give this city some hope and a proper future instead of stagnation,incompetence and hot air ,,bullshit Labour propaganda.

In fairness, whilst I share with you that the building isn’t great, it was designed by a quite well thought of architectural practice Fielden Clegg Bradley, Home | FCBStudios, and was conceived by Siglion which I presume was presided over by a different labour regime at the time. Also architecture is very subjective - some people want the current civic centre listed for example.
Did yous get it?

Not aware of the Principal Contractor award being formally awarded yet (been no press release) so can’t imagine the M&E contract would be let yet. Usually quite a lag after the main contract award.

Last edited:
In fairness, whilst I share with you that the building isn’t great, it was designed by a quite well thought of architectural practice Fielden Clegg Bradley, Home | FCBStudios, and was conceived by Siglion which I presume was presided over by a different labour regime at the time. Also architecture is very subjective - some people want the current civic centre listed for example.

Not aware of the Principal Contractor award being formally awarded yet (been no press release) so can’t imagine the M&E contract would be let yet. Usually quite a lag after the main contract award.

No press release yet on main contractor, but they know who they are.

The 2 main's that were left at the end of tender stage were both set on the same M&E contractor. Value engineering has already begun

No press release yet on main contractor, but they know who they are.

The 2 main's that were left at the end of tender stage were both set on the same M&E contractor. Value engineering has already begun

Good news. Should hopefully be onsite this side of Christmas then.

Back