Vaux - it'll never happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

He should given he’s a member of one.
Explains the bias of some of his answers then.

I don't think you understand the situation at all.
Then explain! I have already pointed out the powers councils have, what am I missing?

After all my years, a local Labour council in Sunderland need to do a *lot* to get me and many others back on side. Sunderland as a city has been an embarrassment for decades.

Explains the bias of some of his answers then.

Then explain! I have already pointed out the powers councils have, what am I missing?

After all my years, a local Labour council in Sunderland need to do a *lot* to get me and many others back on side. Sunderland as a city has been an embarrassment for decades.

They don't though because people will always vote for them.

Finally though, I can see things are starting to progress. There's more going on in Sunderland City Centre than there ever has been in my lifetime.

One of the things I tend to find about moaners like yourself, is that they think everything is black & white, and very simplistic.

CPO's - You seem to think that the council can just decide it wants some land, then force the sale.
Councils need to prove that the purchase is necessary, and the land owner has the right of appeal. Tesco have more money & can afford a better legal team than the council. Then of course there's the money to buy the land. £24m it cost iirc, which they got funding/loan from government to buy.
Remember Tesco have land banked all over the country, with other councils having similar battles over wanting land regenerated.
Why didn't they buy it when vaux shut? who knows, bottom line is, it was a deal done by 2 private companies, and know one knows the ins & outs. Chances are the council simply didn't have the funds available.

Then of course there's One NE, who at the time were largely responsible for big scale regeneration projects with expensive CPO's. They did sod all, as we all know their Tyneside bias. Notice the things being done since their abolition.

You also mentioned about the council being led by someone earning more than the PM. Classic comment from someone who doesn't understand
The leader earns about £40k. It's the CEO that earns nearly £200k, the central government equivalent (permanent secretary to the cabinet) earns twice as much as council CEO

One of the things I tend to find about moaners like yourself, is that they think everything is black & white, and very simplistic.

CPO's - You seem to think that the council can just decide it wants some land, then force the sale.
Councils need to prove that the purchase is necessary, and the land owner has the right of appeal. Tesco have more money & can afford a better legal team than the council. Then of course there's the money to buy the land. £24m it cost iirc, which they got funding/loan from government to buy.
Remember Tesco have land banked all over the country, with other councils having similar battles over wanting land regenerated.
Why didn't they buy it when vaux shut? who knows, bottom line is, it was a deal done by 2 private companies, and know one knows the ins & outs. Chances are the council simply didn't have the funds available.

Then of course there's One NE, who at the time were largely responsible for big scale regeneration projects with expensive CPO's. They did sod all, as we all know their Tyneside bias. Notice the things being done since their abolition.

You also mentioned about the council being led by someone earning more than the PM. Classic comment from someone who doesn't understand
The leader earns about £40k. It's the CEO that earns nearly £200k, the central government equivalent (permanent secretary to the cabinet) earns twice as much as council CEO
Meh, more facts. Not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back