Vaux Beers

I drink Maximus in Washy Spoons most nights.
The funny ditzy barmaid informed me they are getting Double Maximus on soon :lol:
Edit
I've got this wrong I think?

Last edited:
Is that true? I thought they were using brewlab? In any case, they are brand new and looking for a premises in Sunderland.

I have literally only read that on here. I've seen vaux like and retweet Maxim winning an award, hardly the actions of two companies that hate each other? Good luck to them both from me.
They did use Darwin initially but beers being brewed in Durham now.

Hope they are a bit better than they were in the 70's I still have nightmares about Gold Tankard. The Double Maxim was OK but that was originally a bottled beer .

Didn’t Maxim contract brew for 7 years in Stockport with Robinson’s when they started though? If the aim is to bring it to Sunderland then who cares. Also Durham is Wearside.
I think that was when they were the Double Maxim beer company when they became known as Maxim brewery all their beers were brewed in Houghton, city of Sunderland.

I drink Maximus in Washy Spoons most nights.
The funny ditzy barmaid informed me they are getting Double Maximus on soon :lol:
Edit
I've got this wrong I think?

Double Maximus should be a thing.proper fally down gear.
I had double maxim but dodged the maximus in the Bishops Mill, some old bloke was egging me on to get some but 6% put me off it.

I might man up next time I’m in Spoons in Concord and get some.

Maximus is nice but I never have more than one.

I had double maxim but dodged the maximus in the Bishops Mill, some old bloke was egging me on to get some but 6% put me off it.

I might man up next time I’m in Spoons in Concord and get some.

I will freely admit I've had a pint of Maximus with my breakfast on a matchday.

Serious hair of the dog territory but I felt a million dollars after :lol:

I like the beer they are doing, had a few pints in the Peacock before. However I was interested to buy some from their online shop till I seen prices.....£18 for 6 cans....

Back