VAR

I don't think VAR is the issue as it has been a success in many sports. The main issue is the inconsistency of the rules in place such as what is classed as handball. It has always baffled me how a ref will give something as handball and then in another situation in the exact same scenario it won't be given as a handball and we have seen this transferred to VAR decisions. The officiating of the game is a joke compared to other sports.
VAR isnt the issue, its the implementation of it. It should be an independent "company" that run the VAR system rather than referees. The refs will always just back up their ref mate on the field.

Also, the inconsistency of decisions in this sport is ridiculous, especially around fouls inside vs outside the box, and handball of course. Offside is black and white and VAR should totally eradicate any issues with that.
System itself is fine, the problem is the officials using it and the offside/handball laws in football generally.

Disagree. The very essence of the system, even staffed by the best and most consistent refs, its destined for failure (if its objective is eliminate referee errors). Theres too many subjective laws in the game, the nature of the game itself doesn't allow this technology to work. Theres too much of it open to interpretation. Phrases like 'clear and obvious error' , 'intent' , 'unnatural position' are subjective I.e will never be 100% correct, hence the system, in my opinion, even if optimised to maximum effectiveness , will always add more controversy and confusion than it takes away. And that isnt even digging into the effect its having on the flow of the game and the experience for match going fans.

It needs scrapping - (copied my response from another thread as coudlnt be arsed to type it out again)

Theres too many subjective laws in the game, the nature of the game itself doesn't allow this technology to work. Theres too much of it open to interpretation. Phrases like 'clear and obvious error' , 'intent' , 'unnatural position' are subjective I.e will never be 100% correct,
This is why the ref should be shown the data, and let them decide if THEY think they have made an obvious error or not.

This is why the ref should be shown the data, and let them decide if THEY think they have made an obvious error or not.

theres endless amounts of them. 'phases of play' for instance, 'goal scoring opportunity' , 'effecting the play' blah blah blah. the only way to ensure the integrity of the game is to scrap it all together. then when anyone complains about a decision just say 'well we tried the other way and it was even worse'

we (safc) haven''t been involved in a VAR game yet, but i suspect the attitudes of many on this forum will harden against it when we do. just listening to match going (important bit) fans on other forums and radio phone ins etc.. have all expressed their hatred of it. not being able to celebrate a goal properly is the ultimate kick in the nads, whats the f***ing point without it?

the very least i could put up with would be a 10 second cut-off for the VAR ref, if its not able to be seen after 10 seconds that a mistake has been made, then by definition it isnt clear and obvious

it def needs to be ditched, absolute farce , going against the flow of the game and causing more confusion, its just awful - part of football is that referees will make some errors , its swings and roundabouts , just ridiculous to keep stopping the game

Crystal Palace goal just ruled out, what a f***ing joke. Horrible, horrible decision, that is so far from being clear and obvious
Standard if it was down the other end the goal would stand those bastards get a massive VAR call in their favour weekly

Is it fuck man its weekly and you think they fucktards would rule out a LiVARpool goal ?

VAR has made mistakes but it has nothing at all with the fact it’s Liverpool, but don’t let stop people looking for something that’s not there as they always do.
Hate the fuckers mate they are either the luckiest ***** on the planet or their is something dodgy going on with the officials which one is it?

It’s defintely luck

Last edited:
VAR is a tool for corruption, or at least one that's very susceptible to it.

You can disallow almost any goal for one reason, or award one for another.

It's not just paranoia from partisan fans, the Americans found corruption at the very highest level of the game in Blatter, Valcke and Platini.

Then go back to the 2006 Italian football scandal/match fixing.

The game and it's integrity is on it's arse.

The FA dont want City winning 3 on the bounce and turning the league into another dour Bundesliga/Ligue 1 and they'll do what they can to help ensure the Kopites win it this year.

VAR is a tool for corruption, or at least one that's very susceptible to it.

You can disallow almost any goal for one reason, or award one for another.

It's not just paranoia from partisan fans, the Americans found corruption at the very highest level of the game in Blatter, Valcke and Platini.

Then go back to the 2006 Italian football scandal/match fixing.

The game and it's integrity is on it's arse.

The FA dont want City winning 3 on the bounce and turning the league into another dour Bundesliga/Ligue 1 and they'll do what they can to help ensure the Kopites win it this year.

f***ing hell man, how the fuck do you know the FA don’t want Man City winning 3 on the bounce?

In fact you could argue they would prefer Man City closer to Liverpool soo it’s a close title race, rather than Liverpool runninh away with it!

You don’t half talk some shit mind, the title race was the complete opposite of dour last season, it went down to the f***ing last game.
Get your head out the f***ing sand lad VAR is so far up their arse

Don’t be daft, they have just had the rub of the green with some, it happens.

Last edited:
f***ing hell man, how the fuck do you know the FA don’t want Man City winning 3 on the bounce?

In fact you could argue they would prefer Man City closer to Liverpool soo it’s a close title race, rather than Liverpool runninh away with it!

You don’t half talk some shit mind, the title race was the complete opposite of dour last season, it went down to the f***ing last game.

Don’t be daft, they have just had the rub of the green with some, it happens.

Back