VAR

The man in charge of it all has apparently said it's a success, he's pleased with it and gives it a 7/10.
I thought the whole idea was to get a 10/10.
We've always had mistakes and now we still have mistakes, I prefer the one on one mistakes that we've always had and anyone who accepts 7/10 on slow motion replays from four or five different angles should never be near the decision making.... f***ing incompetence justifying incompetence.

The man in charge of it all has apparently said it's a success, he's pleased with it and gives it a 7/10.
I thought the whole idea was to get a 10/10.
We've always had mistakes and now we still have mistakes, I prefer the one on one mistakes that we've always had and anyone who accepts 7/10 on slow motion replays from four or five different angles should never be near the decision making.... f***ing incompetence justifying incompetence.
It says it all when the man in charge of it is Neil Swarbrick who was a fuckin shite referee !!

I don't think VAR is the issue as it has been a success in many sports. The main issue is the inconsistency of the rules in place such as what is classed as handball. It has always baffled me how a ref will give something as handball and then in another situation in the exact same scenario it won't be given as a handball and we have seen this transferred to VAR decisions. The officiating of the game is a joke compared to other sports.

Be interesting at the end of the season to see the total number of goals scored compared to previous seasons. It seems like a good number if goals are getting chalked of everweek where they woudnt have before.
I'm all for the correct decision but the margins are just getting ridiculous.

Other sports that have used it for years, had teething problems and initially supporters questioned its need. Football is going through the same process and needs to act quick to eliminate the inconsistencies that irritate the supporters. I believe it would take someone very special to come along, fight the international and national committees, and confine VAR to the skip.

VAR isnt the issue, its the implementation of it. It should be an independent "company" that run the VAR system rather than referees. The refs will always just back up their ref mate on the field.

Also, the inconsistency of decisions in this sport is ridiculous, especially around fouls inside vs outside the box, and handball of course. Offside is black and white and VAR should totally eradicate any issues with that.

VAR is destroying what makes football so entertaining. Every goal is checked to find a reason NOT to give it and majority of time supporters have no idea what is going on. Add the fact the decisions made by VAR are worse than what referees would give then we at present have a shambles of a game.

VAR is destroying what makes football so entertaining. Every goal is checked to find a reason NOT to give it and majority of time supporters have no idea what is going on. Add the fact the decisions made by VAR are worse than what referees would give then we at present have a shambles of a game.
Exactly this. It's changed the spirit of the offside rule where benefit of the doubt was always given to the attacker etc. as well.

It's just bollocks all round and we need to get rid.

Exactly this. It's changed the spirit of the offside rule where benefit of the doubt was always given to the attacker etc. as well.

It's just bollocks all round and we need to get rid.

Agree totally - since when was a few millimetres a clear and obvious error. The VAR team should be allowed 30 seconds to review - if they can't judge it in that time using the technology available then it isn't clear and obvious. Since when was TAA's handball on Sunday not a handball - he moved his arms out to his sides and the ball hit it - I understand that the ref might have missed it but every angle we saw said it was a pen.

Back