VAR It starts tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a video generated by a computer to confirm yes or know.

Like all the other decisions.

The % of correct decisions via var has increased

The owners and multi million deals are on the line.

People moan about time taken but say nowt about the 30 mins or so in a game when absolutely nothing is happening

I’m for it, I’ve giving the reasons why time and again. That’s my whack

goal line technology and VAR in its current format are so far detached from each other, your argument makes no sense. with the goal line technology, the ref finds out instantly if its over the line, and if not, play carries on, there is no adjustment to the game, no delay, no questions, no controversy, no fans cheering a goal for 2 minutes only for it to be rules out. its clear cut and instantaneous. the exact opposite of VAR. its a stupid comparison.

Not against it on the whole but even for pretty clear cut decisions the process takes far too long. Arsenal had a goal disallowed for offside against Spurs and it was blatantly correct on the first replay but it still took them about 90 seconds to come to a decision.

Theres plenty emotion when we get beat by an offside goal that a poor linesman failed to spot
Maybe - but to be offside by 1mm after scoring, celebrating and then having it ruled out 2 minutes later is utter nonsense and will stop people going in the end.

Maybe - but to be offside by 1mm after scoring, celebrating and then having it ruled out 2 minutes later is utter nonsense and will stop people going in the end.

I think the problem with offside is where to you draw the line?

It's easy to say tight ones should be still given as a goal, and others that are offside should be disallowed.

But who decides this?

Where does a tight call then become less of a tight call?

It's easy to say tight ones should be still given as a goal, and others that are offside should be disallowed.

But who decides this?

They should just abolish offside. It would make football more accessible to women as they'd be able to understand it better.

But who decides this?

Literally nobody seems to understand this and I don't understand why. If people applied their brains a bit there would be a lot more understanding about VAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back