VAR Again

How does non deliberate hand ball in the box work? Is it a penalty?
It wouldn't be a penalty.

Basically, if you score but the ball has touched a hand in the build up (intentional or not) - no goal

If the defending team handballs in the box a penalty will only be given if it was deliberate.

The rule is absolutely ridiculous but there you go.

Watching Liverpool v Man City last night and Mahrez had the 5th goal ruled out - in the build up the ball bounced off the arm of a City player who was lying on the deck. The Man City player didn't play the ball with his arm and he couldn't get out of the way. The commentators and VAR people concluded hand ball. If this had happened in the box and it had bounced off a defender's arm who was lying in the deck and couldn't get out the way there is no way it would be given as a penalty - they would say the handball was purely accidental and he couldn't get out of the way. Effectively all VAR is doing is decreasing the numbers of goal allowed - it doesn't make the game any fairer.

I know we have bigger worries but the single thing you go to the match for is the feeling of euphoria and utter abandonment you feel when your team scores - that has now been taken away because you know there's a fair chance it will be ruled out and, for me, that minor incident last night (Man City were already 4-0 up so it wasnt controversial) summed up what a terrible change the authorities have brought on the game. To say VAR is ruining football is not, in my opinion, an exaggeration.

with you all the way on this issue,terrible system,needs binned sharpish

Video Assistant Referee that made the decision and failed to. Not sure what you are failing to comprehend

Likewise...you are blaming video assistance for errors that can be made anywhere.
The problem with VAR is just the big delays, and this is poor implementation.

IT IS THE SAME REFS MAKING THE MISTAKES WITH VAR THAT ALSO REF ON THE FIELD.
THE HANDBALLS ETC ARE NOT MISTAKES, THEY ARE JUST A SHIT RULE.

Likewise...you are blaming video assistance for errors that can be made anywhere.
The problem with VAR is just the big delays, and this is poor implementation.

IT IS THE SAME REFS MAKING THE MISTAKES WITH VAR THAT ALSO REF ON THE FIELD.
THE HANDBALLS ETC ARE NOT MISTAKES, THEY ARE JUST A SHIT RULE.

The Spurs goal not being disallowed was a mistake. That is a fact.

Watching Liverpool v Man City last night and Mahrez had the 5th goal ruled out - in the build up the ball bounced off the arm of a City player who was lying on the deck. The Man City player didn't play the ball with his arm and he couldn't get out of the way. The commentators and VAR people concluded hand ball. If this had happened in the box and it had bounced off a defender's arm who was lying in the deck and couldn't get out the way there is no way it would be given as a penalty - they would say the handball was purely accidental and he couldn't get out of the way. Effectively all VAR is doing is decreasing the numbers of goal allowed - it doesn't make the game any fairer.

I know we have bigger worries but the single thing you go to the match for is the feeling of euphoria and utter abandonment you feel when your team scores - that has now been taken away because you know there's a fair chance it will be ruled out and, for me, that minor incident last night (Man City were already 4-0 up so it wasnt controversial) summed up what a terrible change the authorities have brought on the game. To say VAR is ruining football is not, in my opinion, an exaggeration.

Post #6

Back