Valheim

Its - ok. I appreciate its early access and for what the team of 5 (?) has done it's amazing work. But - there isnt really much to do is there? Beside building a base (which does nothing much in the long run) it's just a case of rinse and repeat. Build your initial tools, weapon and armour. Defeat the boss and get access to ore so you can build the next level items. Kill the next boss and then get ore to build next items. Rinse. Repeat. Becomes tedious.

Again appreciate its early access and has the base of a good game - time will tell. But if you are looking for more it might be worth holding fire until it has more content?

I'm pretty sure the big streamers have been paid to promote it.

Its - ok. I appreciate its early access and for what the team of 5 (?) has done it's amazing work. But - there isnt really much to do is there? Beside building a base (which does nothing much in the long run) it's just a case of rinse and repeat. Build your initial tools, weapon and armour. Defeat the boss and get access to ore so you can build the next level items. Kill the next boss and then get ore to build next items. Rinse. Repeat. Becomes tedious.

Again appreciate its early access and has the base of a good game - time will tell. But if you are looking for more it might be worth holding fire until it has more content?

the 150 hours I've spent playing this so far suggests I disagree with you on the tedious part.

I'd argue for an early access game it's got a heck of a lot to do. Content wise there's been plenty of AAA games that have had less. 5 bosses. 5 biomes, each with their own mobs. Sea serpents and abyssal rocks at sea.

Games by no means perfect but if 4/5 people can develop something like this it makes a mockery of the big devs with 100's of people working on titles.

Got two bosses left to do and put 100 hours into it so far. For £15 that's great value. Hasn't felt tedious for a second. Quite enjoyed progressing into the next biomes and facing harder enemies.

Games by no means perfect but if 4/5 people can develop something like this it makes a mockery of the big devs with 100's of people working on titles.
Procedurally generated isn't it? I'm not a game dev but it seems a small team can make a huge world but can't fill it with shit to do. They often end up as wide as an ocean but as shallow as a saucer.

Saying that I do understand your point, most teams of hundreds just fill their worlds with towers and collectibles.

Procedurally generated isn't it? I'm not a game dev but it seems a small team can make a huge world but can't fill it with shit to do. They often end up as wide as an ocean but as shallow as a saucer.

Saying that I do understand your point, most teams of hundreds just fill their worlds with towers and collectibles.

Yer it's procedural generation seed wise. So randomly generated black forest, meadows, mountains, plains and swamp. Game items are fixed though. Same with mobs etc. Decent amount of game assets already.

Been a long time since I've played a game early access or otherwise where I've got 100 hours in and still look forward to venturing out and about. Playing it with a lad off here and a few other mates and it's been really fun. Can't ask for much more.

Picked it up last night, played a few hours.

Set myself up a house (just repaired and stuck a new roof on a wreck). Have plenty of wood, rock, flint, and food.

Trying to kill deer at the minute, it's a fuck on but I'm improving.

Not convinced it'll be something I put a load of time into but I imaging I'll get 20 hours or so before I move on so the price is reasonable.

Don't think I've played a game that has been so pretty and so ugly at the same time.

Picked it up last night, played a few hours.

Set myself up a house (just repaired and stuck a new roof on a wreck). Have plenty of wood, rock, flint, and food.

Trying to kill deer at the minute, it's a fuck on but I'm improving.

Not convinced it'll be something I put a load of time into but I imaging I'll get 20 hours or so before I move on so the price is reasonable.

Don't think I've played a game that has been so pretty and so ugly at the same time.

Took some getting used to that's for sure. Got a particular art style. The trolls are hideous.

I still can't get my head around how small the total game files is.

About 12 hours into playing this on a mates server. Killed the second boss and struggling like fuck with the swamp.

Enjoying it so far. Hopefully the content expands over time with it too.

Back