Valentines Day

BIG MAL

Striker
Never ever understood this. Married over 40 years and never bought the wife a single thing on 14th Feb. Am i alone here and if so, what's the average spend for you?

I usually spend a fair bit of time planning and cooking a nice meal. I also think meaningful words in a card are worth far more than a present.

I get the Mrs a little something.

Forgot all about it until I was I asda a few days back (first time I've been in a shop in about a month).

Bullet dodged.

I can't see the difference regarding my romance on the 13th or 15th or any other day of the year. Obviously just me. ๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) ᔆᵒʳʳᵞ
I dont think anyone on the planet is saying they love their partner more on the 14th but its not really hard to buy a card. Do you buy your lass / lad a present every day or just on occasions like birthdays and christmas ? If not every day then why not ? Do you only care about them on birthdays and stuff ?

I dont think anyone on the planet is saying they love their partner more on the 14th but its not really hard to buy a card. Do you buy your lass / lad a present every day or just on occasions like birthdays and christmas ? If not every day then why not ? Do you only care about them on birthdays and stuff ?
I'll buy flowers/chocs whenever. It's the surprise in her face that means a lot more than a set day. Don't seem to have any back up here so.... tin hat on and bunkering down till the day has passed. 😔

Not one that I bother with either. We used to do it, and buy cards and gifts, but we both realised that all we were doing was going through the motions because we felt it was the done thing.

Our anniversary is only a week later, and so we do the romantic cards, meal etc then, as its a far more personally important date.

I'll buy flowers/chocs whenever. It's the surprise in her face that means a lot more than a set day. Don't seem to have any back up here so.... tin hat on and bunkering down till the day has passed. 😔
Doesn’t bother me like cause I’m single anyway. Just find it odd that people are so keen to put down anyone who does something for their partner on it. If couples enjoy it all then good luck to them, no ones harmed.

No card or flowers but breakfast in bed for the Mrs (no) and a box a Ferrero roches (a small one cos I'm not made of money) and we will just get a takeaway tonight, pretty standard Sunday for us tbh

Back