Valenciana/Catalonia

the nou camp tour is worth it like. get to see loads of cool shit, and wander round at your own pace.

Indeed, the pitch looks like a postage stamp looking down from the top level.
I much prefer Barcelona to S.S. or Bilbao, but for me Valencia and the surrounding area is tops,
also it has a bettter climate than Basque country and Catalonia.

Enough's enough and I need something to look forward to so i'm going to book a week away in August and travel round these areas. I want to take in a Barca game and go to La Tomatina but can anyone recommend any other sites/events etc that would be well worth a visit while i'm there? Thanks
Barca game in valencia or at home? ,thats a canny way between the two,do able but lot of travelling,Rode right down the coast a few times but cannot really say there's much to mention on that strip.Its pleasant both cities are great .Prefer inland areas further south and the North west coast of cantabria and galicia and the picos

Crackin place Valencia.
Loved the old river turned into a park and the modern architecture type concrete buildings down towards the old river mouth and the mestalla even though Depor lost 4-0.
Loved going on it after the match and ending up in a student/indie club on Sunday night/Monday morning cavorting around to The Monkees Daydream believer and The Cure Boys Don’t Cry. Must’ve been twice the age of anyone else in there....was certainly twice as drunk.

Barca game in valencia or at home? ,thats a canny way between the two,do able but lot of travelling,Rode right down the coast a few times but cannot really say there's much to mention on that strip.Its pleasant both cities are great .Prefer inland areas further south and the North west coast of cantabria and galicia and the picos

Wonderful countryside, cultures and traditions from Cantabria, thru Asturias and the Picos, to Galicia.

The Alpujarra region down South is well worth a visit as well.

Enough's enough and I need something to look forward to so i'm going to book a week away in August and travel round these areas. I want to take in a Barca game and go to La Tomatina but can anyone recommend any other sites/events etc that would be well worth a visit while i'm there? Thanks

Girona. This too far north I suppose.

Crackin place Valencia.
Loved the old river turned into a park and the modern architecture type concrete buildings down towards the old river mouth and the mestalla even though Depor lost 4-0.
Loved going on it after the match and ending up in a student/indie club on Sunday night/Monday morning cavorting around to The Monkees Daydream believer and The Cure Boys Don’t Cry. Must’ve been twice the age of anyone else in there....was certainly twice as drunk.
I think I’ve been to the very same club! Not far from the Mestalla. Bit of Roni Size Brown Paper Bag

:lol:
The shitty end of the stick more like, though I do pop down there once in a while to see how the other half live.
:eek::rolleyes:
I used to have a place near concentaina /alcoy, very Spanish, far enough away from be i but a little too high up , frosts in the winter.

Barcelona is horrific, full of tourists like ants! Prefer Malaga myself, hidden gem the old town & Centro without the hordes of tourists, some great bars & places to eat down the maze of sidestreets, oh & no muggers, pick pockets & beggars either, harbour area is nice aswell, bars & restaurants, going again in October, 2nd time staying in the Soho area again, up and coming, street art bars, cafes & hotels popping up all over since my last visit a couple of years ago.

Barcelona is horrific, full of tourists like ants! Prefer Malaga myself, hidden gem the old town & Centro without the hordes of tourists, some great bars & places to eat down the maze of sidestreets, oh & no muggers, pick pockets & beggars either, harbour area is nice aswell, bars & restaurants, going again in October, 2nd time staying in the Soho area again, up and coming, street art bars, cafes & hotels popping up all over since my last visit a couple of years ago.

No muggers, pick pockets and beggars ? :lol:

No muggers, pick pockets and beggars ? :lol:
Seriously Barcelona is rife for street crime, the walk late at night cutting through from the ramlas to parallell was an eye opener, never had that in Malaga tbh.
The big weekend guide to Malaga: Insider City Guides
Málaga travel - Lonely Planet
Easy to get to from the airport & train to Rhonda, Cordoba or Seville if you fancy a day out, we did Rhonda last time, it's the same train line they used for Von Ryan's express, lots of tunnels.

Seriously Barcelona is rife for street crime, the walk late at night cutting through from the ramlas to parallell was an eye opener, never had that in Malaga tbh.
The big weekend guide to Malaga: Insider City Guides
Málaga travel - Lonely Planet
Easy to get to from the airport & train to Rhonda, Cordoba or Seville if you fancy a day out, we did Rhonda last time, it's the same train line they used for Von Ryan's express, lots of tunnels.

Barca is indeed a nightmare for getting robbed, but to suggest Malaga is whiter than white is a joke.

Hope you had good fun in the tunnels, personally I prefer being out in broad daylight.

Just got back from Andlucia which means Ive now been to every region in Spain, and it is by far the best, absolute paradise once you get away from the Costa ex pat locations. But I wouldn't go in August unless you want to melt.

Back