Valencia

I will be in Madrid this weekend. Just annoying that El Classico is on Sunday night when I will be on the flight home. Bad planning on my part.

Might try to do the Real Madrid stadium tour on Saturday. Did it before about 10 years ago but it would be good to see the redevelopment.
Go do the Atletico tour. Bottom of my street. About 18 quid.
Nice bar on the side of the ground. Its quite popular. Also theres a new footy museam just opened by some mad Argie millionaire right by Sol slap bang in the centre. Meant to be good.

The park in the former river bed comes alive on a night it's a great place to people watch.

I cycled past people tightrope walking between the trees, dance classes, random games of footy and even fighting with wooden swords :lol:

I did the Hemisferic with the littleun and enjoyed it. Along with the science museum.

That orangey drink is lovely imo but it kicks your back legs in. Cafe de La horas if you can get in is excellent for a jug.

DDL boutique for breakfast, Coffee & cakes. Kiosko La Pérgola for breakfast.

La bella de Cadiz - is a bar worth visiting. Strange place but interesting. I love the Mastella, top 5 ground in Europe for me, full of history. Obviously better if there’s a game on.

Valencia is ace

Boring story alert.

In 2017 I took my girlfriend to Valencia with the intention of proposing to her. Bought the ring in the UK and had to be sneaky snuggling it into Spain and keeping it from her.

I had the ring in my breast pocket as we decided to cycle from the city centre, through the park, and on to the coast. Great bike ride tbf, thoroughly recommend.

We stopped a few times in the park but I basically bottled it. Dunno why. Got to the beach and it was lovely. We stopped at a few bars for refreshments and again there was opportunity but I bottled it.

Got back on our bikes and started our journey back to the bike hire place. About five minutes in she asks 'wheres your jacket?'. Fuck. Left the jacket with ring, wallet and hire car keys in the last bar. Absolutely PEGGED it back and thank fuck the jacket was still there. Obviously adrenaline was through the roof and didn't fancy getting down on one knee.

So I had to carry the ring back to the hotel and ultimately back to England. Ended up proposing to her in our shitty little flat in Wallsend and we've been happily married now for five years.

The bike ride was lovely though.

Boring story alert.

In 2017 I took my girlfriend to Valencia with the intention of proposing to her. Bought the ring in the UK and had to be sneaky snuggling it into Spain and keeping it from her.

I had the ring in my breast pocket as we decided to cycle from the city centre, through the park, and on to the coast. Great bike ride tbf, thoroughly recommend.

We stopped a few times in the park but I basically bottled it. Dunno why. Got to the beach and it was lovely. We stopped at a few bars for refreshments and again there was opportunity but I bottled it.

Got back on our bikes and started our journey back to the bike hire place. About five minutes in she asks 'wheres your jacket?'. Fuck. Left the jacket with ring, wallet and hire car keys in the last bar. Absolutely PEGGED it back and thank fuck the jacket was still there. Obviously adrenaline was through the roof and didn't fancy getting down on one knee.

So I had to carry the ring back to the hotel and ultimately back to England. Ended up proposing to her in our shitty little flat in Wallsend and we've been happily married now for five years.

The bike ride was lovely though.
Alls well that ends well 👌

I’ve got trips to Madrid, Seville and Barcelona sorted for this year after a trip to Tuscany

I'm in Madrid now. Lovely 24C good food and prices are reasonable for a major city. Just been doing a tapas bar crawl then back to the hotel for siesta before heading out for the night

I love Seville too but I have mixed feelings about Barcelona. Some bits are great but others are very sketchy.

We can't wait to visit Madrid. We have 4 days in August and a day there in July as part of a stop over when travelling to Seville in September. Will be doing research but any tips and places of interest most welcome.

We live Barcelona. The city and just outside just has a vibe we like. We love the art and museums and the bars.. la Rambla can be messy but is always a walk down for a pizza slice and a drink I’m the whiskey bar. I could not imagine a year without walking all the way up to the forum on a night. A few drinks and the metro back to Catalunya

Last edited:
Like them both very much.
But Seville gets baking hot, went last October and it was nearly 40 degrees. Also, Cruzcampo is everywhere and is shite !
The beach (reachable by the metro) swings it for Valencia.
Hired bikes (as already mentioned on here) but cycled down through the Park where the river was) to the beach for a swim. Then cycled north, up the coast, out of the City.
The market is superb and one of the biggest I've seen.
You'll have a great time...
This👆I had a brief relationship with a lass from Seville and it was hotter than the sun. I could not stand it.

We can't wait to visit Madrid. We have 4 days in August and a day there in July as part of a stop over when travelling to Seville in September. Will be doing research but any tips and places of interest most welcome.

We live Barcelona. The city and just outside just has a vibe we like. We love the art and museums and the bars.. la Rambla can be messy but is always a walk down for a pizza slice and a drink I’m the whiskey bar. I could not imagine a year without walking all the way up to the forum on a night. A few drinks and the metro back to Catalunya
Madrid in July and August can be brutal with the heat and without any access to a beach.

For Madrid, visit the Prado after 7 for free, couple of hours then a short walk to the bars and restaurants.
La Taberna Sanlúcar for quality tapas.

Plenty to do in Seville and there's a fast train to Cordoba.
I'm in Madrid now. Lovely 24C good food and prices are reasonable for a major city. Just been doing a tapas bar crawl then back to the hotel for siesta before heading out for the night

I love Seville too but I have mixed feelings about Barcelona. Some bits are great but others are very sketchy.
Might bump into Kevin Maguire.
Pictured smiling at Picasso's Guernica painting today.

Last edited:

Back