VAG-COM/VCDS

Canny_mal

Full Back
Massive long shot i know, but don't suppose there's any Lads fans on here in the Newcastle/South East Northumberland area who have VAG-COM/VCDS and would be prepared to help me diagnose a problem with my Mk5 Golf? The garages i've spoken to want the thick end of £100 to plug the computer in with no guarantee it will even identify the cause of the problem. I won't bore everyone with the details of the issue but if anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate a PM. Thanks

Massive long shot i know, but don't suppose there's any Lads fans on here in the Newcastle/South East Northumberland area who have VAG-COM/VCDS and would be prepared to help me diagnose a problem with my Mk5 Golf? The garages i've spoken to want the thick end of £100 to plug the computer in with no guarantee it will even identify the cause of the problem. I won't bore everyone with the details of the issue but if anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate a PM. Thanks
Very expensive...have you looked at Carista?

Very expensive...have you looked at Carista?
I've not heard of that. Will Google it now. Basically i think the BCM has failed (no wipers, indicators, hazards, horn, high beam, elec windows, dashboard illumination etc). Looking to fit a secondhand one but i believe it would need to be coded in. I think i'm right in saying i need to get the codes from current BCM before removing it then use those codes to get the replacement one to work. Do you know if Carista can do that? PS i literally know nothing about cars so forgive me if i'm talking crap.

I've not heard of that. Will Google it now. Basically i think the BCM has failed (no wipers, indicators, hazards, horn, high beam, elec windows, dashboard illumination etc). Looking to fit a secondhand one but i believe it would need to be coded in. I think i'm right in saying i need to get the codes from current BCM before removing it then use those codes to get the replacement one to work. Do you know if Carista can do that? PS i literally know nothing about cars so forgive me if i'm talking crap.
Not talking crap marra - but I don't know your specifics, have a look at a few Carista videos and decide for yourself

I have a Snap On diagnostics machine. Nee way I’m travelling up there. I actually have a VAGCOM on disc and laptop but not used it for donkeys.

I used TurboPACS recently at Team Valley and is a decent bloke and won’t charge £100, it’s £60 I think.

Try to find a wiring diagram online and check the powers and grounds to the BCM first, you'd be better off trying to find A Facebook car group near you.

I had an Audi years back and there was a user forum which had a map of where all the VAG-Com and VCDS users were for those that were happy to have it publicised. You’ll be better off signing up to one of those.

Bcm are usually coded to the car, either cloned from the old one or linked to the car directly. We've had one done on a transit recently and thats what all the engineers have said
To answer your question my mate has that software but he's in Sunderland

Problem with VCDS these days is that it is not unlimited cars, you pay per car unless you spend silly money getting a garage type version, it's still the best but there are other cheaper options that do the same thing that are good enough for most DIYers

if its owt like BMW's can you not have them sent away to be reflashed? I had to send mine off once after I had to jump start the car as they're very sensitive apparently, controls everything you've listed, well on BM's anyhow.

Try Intellilinkmods on Facebook.

Back