Vaccine shortage threatens further Freedom Day delay

I've just logged in & still says I have to click the cancel & rebook button.

I'm guessing the above appears after I click that.

In which case the language on the site is wrong. It should say change/check availability rather than cancel & rebook as it puts people off clicking it.
yeah that appears after clicking that as I just tried it (I’d already moved mine to 8 weeks after the first one anyway), however it looks like I could move it sooner than that. I had first one 3rd May (AZ) and initially had second jab booked for 19th July, but rebooked it for the 28th June the other week, when I did the above and checked availability I can seemingly have my second on Friday if I want. Looks like they’re closing the gap to 4 weeks after the first

Last edited:

You’re a cheerful chap aren’t you, maybes if everyone got vaccinated it might help get back to normal.
This is the paradox that some people can't see.
Those pissing and moaning about not being able to do 'normal', who then won't get the vaccine, refuse to see that every single new case of Covid is an opportunity for the virus to mutate. And it is the mutations that drive up the deaths and hospitalisations that stop us being able to open our society. Worldwide and complete vaccination is the solution.
The Govt. and their cronies are way too incompetent to organise the kind of mass manipulation that the tinfoil hatters are afraid of. It was incompetence that let 1,500 cases come into the country unchallenged from France and Italy in early 2020; a stupid determination to 'do Xmas' that spread the Kent variant; and Boris's brown-nosing after a trade deal that let 20,000 people in from India after we knew about the Delta variant. It was not a grand plan to sterilise the proles and keep them under house arrest, it was having a thick-headed arse in charge.

I've had to cancel my 2nd jab after testing positive...you have to leave 28 days after infection apparently. Hopefully don't get caught up in an shortages when I am able to rebook, but the system currently won't book far enough in advance to do it.

On the plus side I should be full of antibodies anyway.

Last edited:
If there are known issues with a jab and there’s other options why would you want to take the risky one?

It makes perfect sense to me, they should’ve got it right from the off instead of making it a race.

There is a way round this. Dont cancel your slot online, instead ring 119. They can "move" your slot forward. They can see whats available before moving you. I did this during the over 55's rollout
I did the same. Called 119 and they sorted it all out for me whilst also managing to get a vaccination centre that was nearer to home.

If there are known issues with a jab and there’s other options why would you want to take the risky one?

It makes perfect sense to me, they should’ve got it right from the off instead of making it a race.
The Pfizer one is currently under investigation for causing heart problems (in a tiny percentage of cases.) It's not just a case of one is shite and the rest are better, there's still a lot of unknowns about the minutia of all of them.

The Pfizer one is currently under investigation for causing heart problems (in a tiny percentage of cases.) It's not just a case of one is shite and the rest are better, there's still a lot of unknowns about the minutia of all of them.

Of course there are going to be problems, there is with every vaccine, although I did read they’re 100% safe on here.

Got to love those that spout shite without any substance.

I do hope they’re safe and well as I’ve not heard from a few for quite a while.

Back