Vaccinations query (for abroad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has he got his Yellow Fever. Not cheap either.
It absolutely fucked me up, the yellow fever jab. Still have a lump under my armpit that aches like fuck from it. Was ill for two weeks afterwards. Grim.

Deet - bad for the skin and bad for your clothes.

Get him on the citronella.
It is dodgy, but I've had more clothes damaged by sun cream than by DEET. Using citronella as a substitute will get him bitten to fuck.

Reet. My son is shortly going to Sri Lanka for a few weeks and has been advised that he needs Hep B and Rabies vaccinations. He's looked into the prices and to be honest it's an absolute case of extortion. When I went to Egypt (many moons ago) the jabs I got were free. Any way round this?
I had neither hep b nor rabies jabs for Sri Lanka.

http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east)/sri-lanka.aspx#immunisations

What is your son going for? Two week holiday or a long stay working in remote places? Those two are under " consider" not " advised".

It is dodgy, but I've had more clothes damaged by sun cream than by DEET. Using citronella as a substitute will get him bitten to fuck.
Asia swear by citronella and it was the only thing I used, and only very occasionally at that, in my 5 month trip. Didn't do too bad for bites.

Asia swear by citronella and it was the only thing I used, and only very occasionally at that, in my 5 month trip. Didn't do too bad for bites.
I forgot to put some DEET on for the walk along the train tracks from Machu Picchu and I was bitten 22 times times that I could see, bad ones too! Swear by DEET, like, if you're careful with it.

but there is an argument that unless it`s at governmental orders travel is voluntarily undertaken primarily for ones own enjoyment, so why should that be public funded? And a further argument that this is @mini-x2`s progeny we are talking about with his fathers idea`s and sartorial ideals do we really want to run the risk of a diplomatic scandal by funding the possible propagation of Witherwackian genes upon Sri Lanka?
Exactly this

Need to start charging people for using health service in certain circumstances.
If you drink yourself stupid and need a stomach pump you should be charged.
Go overseas with no insurance and get hurt, bitten etc etc, any treatment on return should be chargeable.
If some meathead beats you up and is caught on camera etc, they should be charged with the full treatment cost.
I could go on.
Apart from the criminally bloated bureaucracy in the nhs there is also a huge cost incurred due to the warped sense of entitlement by various numbskulls and n'ere do wells.

Last edited:
I'm off there next year like.

I'm only getting Hepatitus A & Typhoid as recommended by someone in the business (already had the Tetanus). Cost is about £100 combined he reckons.

I
Reet. My son is shortly going to Sri Lanka for a few weeks and has been advised that he needs Hep B and Rabies vaccinations. He's looked into the prices and to be honest it's an absolute case of extortion. When I went to Egypt (many moons ago) the jabs I got were free. Any way round this?
im there now mate never heard any of this and I go every year as got family out here and take two bairns with us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back