Vaccinations query (for abroad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a student at uni.
Rabies is a waste of time. It's expensive and the effectiveness is like below 50%? Then, if bit, you still need to go to hospital for a shot anyway, it just buys you slightly more time. Tell him to avoid dogs and wild animals.

I think the state take the view that

1. People will go on holiday
2. People will take the risk if it's a paid for vaccine
3. People will get infected and bring it back

It's entirely their fault if they do, yes, but we have no way to force them to get vaccinated (IMO I would not readmit someone to the UK who had not been vaccinated) so we have to protect the public.

Maybe I'm wrong - I haven't delved into the full reasons for paying for some and not others.

It seems like a "people will fuck up so we have to clean up the mess" approach
I genuinely thought it was a case of "will vaccinations cost less that treating the infected".

Anyway OP, I got mine for nowt when I went to Mexico last year.

Just fill second hand syringes with Domestos, kills all known germs iirc so no need to even change the needle

Your welcome, That'll £12 please

but there is an argument that unless it`s at governmental orders travel is voluntarily undertaken primarily for ones own enjoyment, so why should that be public funded? And a further argument that this is @mini-x2`s progeny we are talking about with his fathers idea`s and sartorial ideals do we really want to run the risk of a diplomatic scandal by funding the possible propagation of Witherwackian genes upon Sri Lanka?

You have to legislate for idiots in society. A group can only move as fast as it's slowest member.

If someone brings back a disease that ends up spreading because they didn't want to pay to be vaccinated then ultimately it'll cost more money and possibly lives.

You tight twat.
You probs spend the same on a pair of shite trainers for your gargantuan feet and would think twice.

Check out nathnac or fit for travel websites gives advice on vaccines, assessing risk and general information on staying healthy just put in destination

Reet. My son is shortly going to Sri Lanka for a few weeks and has been advised that he needs Hep B and Rabies vaccinations. He's looked into the prices and to be honest it's an absolute case of extortion. When I went to Egypt (many moons ago) the jabs I got were free. Any way round this?
Has he got his Yellow Fever. Not cheap either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back