V Bolton

We’re guaranteed to be their first win of the season. Tbh, I was kinda hoping Rotherham got a second tonight as it might have finally got the arrogant dosser out the door.

On the match thread ,someone posted, there are people on here who are hoping we will lose ,just to prove their point ,he was shouted down by posters saying no one wants the team to lose .
Then you post just such a sentiment , guess the original poster was right .
Unfuckingbelivable.
Think I'll give this place a rest for a while ,fellow so called supporters are too depressing .

On the match thread ,someone posted, there are people on here who are hoping we will lose ,just to prove their point ,he was shouted down by posters saying no one wants the team to lose .
Then you post just such a sentiment , guess the original poster was right .
Unfuckingbelivable.
Think I'll give this place a rest for a while ,fellow so called supporters are too depressing .

We gained a point tonight. A loss would’ve meant 1 point dropped. I guarantee that we’d have been more than 1 point better off by the end of the season if we got someone with the foggiest idea how to manage a football team in tomorrow.

The depression doesn’t come from the fans mate, it comes the life being sucked out of “so-called supporters” by the dross on the pitch.

Bolton managers team talk will consist of something like, surely we can score against these everybody else does. I wonder if we are the only team that hasn't kept a clean sheet this season in all the leagues? Certainly any team in the top half of any division must have but not us.

Disagree with the OP that we are there for the taking, but this is Sunderland after all.Would surely be the end of JR. There will come a time when Bolton's team of ragamuffins concoct a win, but to do it against us would surely see the end of the manager.

Bolton have been thumped repeatedly this season by some very average sides. Even after signing a few freebies, they should still be lacking fitness, and having played two games in 4 days, should be on their last legs. They don't have a training ground and are certs for relegation. They are playing the side with the best training facilities in the division by a country mile. They are facing a team where the players want for nothing and are idolised by almost 30,000 each week.

I'll go 1-1.

It’s the expectation of the fans.
Bolton were in the premier league not too long ago.
Sunderland fans expect to win.
It’s their fault. Not mine. We have to be realistic.

J Ross 21/9/19

We'll huff and puff. Probably win but make hard work of it. Might even go a goal down, probably win 2-0 or 2-1 or 3-1.

It will change nowt really though. Unless we go and totally batter them, we can't really gain a lot on Satda.

Completely agree. He continually tops up his brownie points by beating the very crap teams.
That really isn't the benchmark, getting into top 2 is the ambition and he either achieves that soon or he has to go in my opinion.
Getting 100 points is the ambition.
We've got no f***ing chance.

There cant be ANY excuses against Bolton surely ??

"they were a decent championship side last season, could count themselves a tad unfortunate maybe in being relegated. Consequently we've not played them recently so don't know too much about them, compared to Accrington for example who we know well, so this makes things more difficult"

They’ll score. And they’ve kept clean sheets this season. Two more than us in fact. Amazing that we have the most negative manager since time began and have two less clean sheets than a club that can barely put a side out.
Not man, it's our fault
Go ahead then go all passive, sit off them and allow them back into the game eventually conceding in the 75th minute.....huff and puff for about 5 mins and come away with a 1-1
Sounds like our tactics for every game

Last edited:

Back