Utrecht.

It's not the best place at all. It was like a smaller Newcastle, kind of? However, there is little bar on its outskirts that sells an absolutely mind boggling range of ales and beers. It's pretty small and not the most appealing looking, but it's worth a visit if you like your beer. Can't recall the name, was years ago I was there, but I'll see if I can find it.

It's not the best place at all. It was like a smaller Newcastle, kind of? However, there is little bar on its outskirts that sells an absolutely mind boggling range of ales and beers. It's pretty small and not the most appealing looking, but it's worth a visit if you like your beer. Can't recall the name, was years ago I was there, but I'll see if I can find it.
It's called Kafe Belgie.

Plenty of decent bars in the centre. Not a lot else to do. Plenty of other places close by to visit though - Arnhem, Rotterdam, Gouda & Den Haag are all within an hours train ride away.

Ignore the above, it's a brilliant city. Cafe De Rat is a great pub, De Drie Dorstige Herten is a cracking microbrewery, Belgisch Biercafé Olivier for scran and bait.

Hire a bike and cycle around. Spend a day in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Leiden. All are close on the train and you can buy a ticket on the day, fares are fixed.

Love the place and would move there tomorrow if offered the chance.

Ignore the above, it's a brilliant city. Cafe De Rat is a great pub, De Drie Dorstige Herten is a cracking microbrewery, Belgisch Biercafé Olivier for scran and bait.

Hire a bike and cycle around. Spend a day in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Leiden. All are close on the train and you can buy a ticket on the day, fares are fixed.

Thanks mate, All opinions I suppose.

Few lads from my work have been and absolutely loved it.

Think we’re getting a train elsewhere one day, probs Amsterdam. But been Recommend a few other places
Do a search - there was a thread not so long ago. Personally I think it's a concrete shithole. Other people like it. Get a train to Deventer - much better.
My bad on the search front.

It's all about opinions, but I would put it near the bottom of places I've visited. I'd live there probably, that's a different kettle of fish altogether, but for a visit there are a multitude of other places that I would recommend beforehand. There's nothing particularly special to do there and you can go and get pissed in any city really.

It's all about opinions, but I would put it near the bottom of places I've visited. I'd live there probably, that's a different kettle of fish altogether, but for a visit there are a multitude of other places that I would recommend beforehand. There's nothing particularly special to do there and you can go and get pissed in any city really.

It's a beautiful city to be fair, spending a day just walking around it is a day well spent - if you get the weather! There's not that much to do as a tourist but then it's a small city, so it's par for the course really.

It has a Miffy Museum. What more do you want? ;)

It's a beautiful city to be fair, spending a day just walking around it is a day well spent - if you get the weather! There's not that much to do as a tourist but then it's a small city, so it's par for the course really.

It has a Miffy Museum. What more do you want? ;)
Must have missed the Miffy Museum!

Loved it when I was there, but to be fair I was just on the piss. Ended up in an Irish bad on St Patrick’s Day, was a cracking night out. Women were unbelievable.

“It was like a smaller Newcastle” :lol:

Back