Utrecht shooting

From wikipedia;

Netherlands[edit]
In the Netherlands, gun ownership is restricted to law enforcement, hunters, and target shooters (self-defense is not a valid reason to own firearms). A hunting license requires passing a hunters safety course. To own a gun for target shooting, the applicant must have been a member of a shooting club for a year. People with felonies, drug addictions, and mental illnesses may not possess firearms.

Once obtained, firearms must be stored in a safe and annually inspected by police. Firearms may only be used in self-defense as a matter of "equal force". Fully automatic firearms are banned, but there are otherwise few restrictions: semi-automatics, handguns, and magazines of all sizes are legal, as are all types of ammunition. A licensed gun owner may only have five firearms registered to his or her license at one time.[217]

From wikipedia;

Netherlands[edit]
In the Netherlands, gun ownership is restricted to law enforcement, hunters, and target shooters (self-defense is not a valid reason to own firearms). A hunting license requires passing a hunters safety course. To own a gun for target shooting, the applicant must have been a member of a shooting club for a year. People with felonies, drug addictions, and mental illnesses may not possess firearms.

Once obtained, firearms must be stored in a safe and annually inspected by police. Firearms may only be used in self-defense as a matter of "equal force". Fully automatic firearms are banned, but there are otherwise few restrictions: semi-automatics, handguns, and magazines of all sizes are legal, as are all types of ammunition. A licensed gun owner may only have five firearms registered to his or her license at one time.[217]
And your point is?

From wikipedia;

Netherlands[edit]

Good to know.

More than the attacks that actually happen at home?
Well of course they’re sad and alarming, but it’s the fact I’ve been to this place only recently that makes it worse for me, I was calling the wife from outside Utrect station near the trams only a week back. The other one that also sickened me was the Tunisian attack as I’d been on holiday on that exact beach.

I guess it’s being able to visualise the area having been there that makes these things more real.

Well of course they’re sad and alarming, but it’s the fact I’ve been to this place only recently that makes it worse for me, I was calling the wife from outside Utrect station near the trams only a week back. The other one that also sickened me was the Tunisian attack as I’d been on holiday on that exact beach.

I guess it’s being able to visualise the area having been there that makes these things more real.

Oh I understand what you're saying but I find visualising Manchester and London easy as well.

From wikipedia;

Netherlands[edit]

I thought shooting at a tram full of people might have been illegal. Looks like I was right from this info.

Back