USPGA Golf major

First major of the year starts this Thursday. Never had a proper look yet but first two picks will be Fowler and Berger. Bit of a pisser it's a west coast major so come the business end of the tournament the leaders wont be finishing till around 3am in the morning

Anyone else had any bets?

I mean koepka and Thomas are obviously in great form. If I fancied throwing away a fiver Matt Fitzpatrick is quietly playing well although his mental strength would probably mean he won’t win

Koepka seems like a no brainer for this one, his major performance and record speaks for itself. I think this course will suit Rahm as well.

I've also backed Finau, he's been close in a few events recently and I can't help feeling that when he does finally get that next win, it'll be at a big event. Similar story with Spieth.

Got to be the beefcake

although brooks finish at the weekend... still have my doubts he’s been poor since the restart but his major record has been superb
I like fowler but just don’t think he’s got a major in him

I see DeChambeau has started the fighting talk, reckons the course will be easy for the bombers and that he'll take the driver on most holes. He also says the rough looks playable.

Interesting, everyone else has said the rough is very long and thick. I hope this is the case as another PGA of bomb and gauge like we had last year would be dull.

I wonder if there are odds on Bryson getting into another argument with a rules official.

I see DeChambeau has started the fighting talk, reckons the course will be easy for the bombers and that he'll take the driver on most holes. He also says the rough looks playable.

Interesting, everyone else has said the rough is very long and thick. I hope this is the case as another PGA of bomb and gauge like we had last year would be dull.

I wonder if there are odds on Bryson getting into another argument with a rules official.
I don’t mind Dechambeu too much, obviously goes about things differently but Koepka seems to have taken the role of play ground bully with him and keeps going after him in the media, comes across as a prick

I don’t mind Dechambeu too much, obviously goes about things differently but Koepka seems to have taken the role of play ground bully with him and keeps going after him in the media, comes across as a prick
I don't mind his different approach, though I hope it doesn't become the norm as the golf would be less exciting to watch. However I think Koepka has been right to call out his behaviour recently, the way he went on at the Memorial was a disgrace, and trying to get relief from an ant last week was very questionable.

There is the risk of him becoming the playground bully if he keeps calling him out for other things though.

Have backed Koepka and Rory, Koepka is a no brainer, he'll always get you something at a major. Rory, who knows how hes going to turn up.

the rough was thick last year wasn't it sure it was a low score to win... same advantage still there anyway Brooks Bryson DJ etc will be hitting short irons out the rough while the short hitters will be mid to long irons

I’ve been betting bits and bobs of free bets for months on certain player outright, so got the likes of Rory, Rahm, JT and Bryson covered.

In terms of who I’d be betting normally, love Schauffele for it, looks primed.

Think the course suits Finau/Fleetwood brilliantly considering their odds (for the quality of player they are), obviously got the question of can they close (and is Fleetwood sharp enough).

From the lads at the top, Rahm won a defacto major three weeks ago (I’m super tough conditions against a super-tough field) and has been forgotten somewhat.

As for Brooks.....I struggle with him. He rocks up in majors then looks shit, by and large, the rest of the time. That said, he was excellent last week (putting aside), and very good (putting aside) the week before so he is rounding into form. I just really hope he doesn’t rock up and win it by five and kills the tournament dead.

First major of the year starts this Thursday. Never had a proper look yet but first two picks will be Fowler and Berger. Bit of a pisser it's a west coast major so come the business end of the tournament the leaders wont be finishing till around 3am in the morning

Anyone else had any bets?
Kyren Wilson in snooker, koepka golf Barca champions League for 2100, Wright in darts Fowler in golf , Robertson in snooker for 1300

I've just backed the one, Jason Day each way at 30s with Betfred. Could have got 33s elsewhere but I still had a pund or two in my Befred account so used that.

Back