Using xbox1 controller via Bluetooth on a chrome book

Yes it's for a kid!

It's a modern chrome book. It says it's connected via Bluetooth but then it just does not work.

It's frustrating as a video on YouTube shows it working ok

Think it's only certain controllers from later consoles that work - least it was when I was trying to do it with an iPad a while ago. I ended up just buying a PS4 controller and I use that.

Also don't build your kid up for disappointment - Roblox runs like ass on the chromebooks I bought my kids before Xmas.

Why do you need Bluetooth to play on a chrome book or laptop? Realistically you are never going to be more than a couple of feet away from the machine so could use use a nice affordable OEM wired PC controller and cut out the chew. The bairn tried to get her Scuff PS4 controller working with Steam and gave up.

Why do you need Bluetooth to play on a chrome book or laptop? Realistically you are never going to be more than a couple of feet away from the machine so could use use a nice affordable OEM wired PC controller and cut out the chew. The bairn tried to get her Scuff PS4 controller working with Steam and gave up.
Hi

Would any wired xbox controller work on a chrome book?

Cheers

Back