using photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpongebobMax

Midfield
Afternoon,

I took the photo below today and want to improve the sky using photoshop.

Any tips on how to do this?

I know the shot is a bog standard one but just want to improve it slightly.

if you want edit the shot and show me the results feel free to pm me and ill send u the RAW file :)

Logon or register to see this image

Sponge

Right, I've just made a few subtle changes. Very slight rotation and crop for fear of offending the horizon police (I'm not even sure if it was straight or not already. Perhaps they've got me so scared that I'm seeing things!). I added a tiny bit of contrast on a curve, played about with the colour balance in the cyan colour channel (for the sky) and added a little bit of saturation to bring out the colours a little more. It's only a subtle change but I think that's best sometimes (most of the time!).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On the shopped picture you uploaded I think you've saturated a bit much. The colours are a bit hot.

EDIT: Looking at that on here it seems that it's very subtle! There is a difference, honest!

At the end of the day though, there's no real substitute for getting good light when you're shooting.

PHOTOBOARD INVASION...........RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew the axis of evil....wonky horizons...cokin filters.....HDR....bad shopping.....would culminate in this..........arrgggggghhhhhhh

That creature is so evil it has wonked the horizon itself :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back